playMaker

Author Topic: Dropdown multiple separator lines generated over time  (Read 698 times)

Abelius

• Junior Playmaker
Dropdown multiple separator lines generated over time
« on: February 23, 2021, 12:15:44 PM »
Hi there,

The more I add and remove variables in a given FSM, the more this thing happens...:

Is it fixable in some way? It slows down scrolling quite a bit...  :-\

The versions of my signature are the ones I'm using, but it's been happening since ages ago. Unless it's been fixed very recently, I don't think it'll get better by updating PM.

Thanks!
Unity 2019.4.9f1
Playmaker 1.9.7f1

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
Re: Dropdown multiple separator lines generated over time
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2021, 05:39:46 AM »
Hi.
The empty lines mainly get added if inspector (possible also when category is used) is used and when you delete the variable.
To prevent adding empty lines : before i remove a variable i remove the inspector check, tool tip and category.

to get rid of the lines , what i do is you make a new fsm, then copy all the states from the affected Fsm and place in the new fsm.
Then Remove the old fsm and rename the new fsm with the old fsm name.

Before you try this make a Backup of your project!

Abelius

• Junior Playmaker
Re: Dropdown multiple separator lines generated over time
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2021, 01:29:54 PM »
Hi djaydino, and thanks for replying.

In this FSM I didn't enable the Inspector check in any variables, neither assigned categories to them.

This FSM is fixed and a template inside a prefab. The only FSMs where I tick the Inspector check and assign categories are SubFSM templates, which I run from fixed FSMs like this one.

So, I don't know why those variables got "orphaned" in the way you describe.

I tried your solution to clear up those lines, and it did work with some prior/additional renaming of the aformentioned template. Before trying to re-use the FSM name again, I mean.

Kind of tricky, but a nice workaround.  ::)

-----------------
EDIT: Just in case that's important, I'm using the custom 'Run FSM Func' action, instead of 'Run FSM'.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2021, 01:34:58 PM by Abelius »
Unity 2019.4.9f1
Playmaker 1.9.7f1