playMaker

Author Topic: Cannot import NGUI and Playmaker in one project  (Read 3869 times)

Aaddiction

Cannot import NGUI and Playmaker in one project
« on: February 27, 2021, 01:39:03 PM »
For some reason I started getting errors when I import NGUI and Playmaker in one project similar to:
Code: [Select]
Assets\PlayMaker\Actions\Tween\Editor\TweenRotationEditor.cs(40,36): error CS1061: 'TweenRotation' does not contain a definition for 'fromOptions' and no accessible extension method 'fromOptions' accepting a first argument of type 'TweenRotation' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
Yes, there seems to have duplicate scripts, but when I start to delete the ones in NGUI folder I end up deleting the entire NGUI package following script after script error. What can be the issue?

Only NGUI or only Playmaker works fine.

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
Re: Cannot import NGUI and Playmaker in one project
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2021, 02:11:43 PM »
Hi.
Can you make a backup and try to remove the tween folder?

Something else you could try is in the TweenRotationEditor.cs Script change line 16 :

private TweenRotation tweenAction;To
        private PlayMaker.Actions.TweenRotation tweenAction;

Aaddiction

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2021, 03:35:56 PM »
You mean in Playmaker foler? Yes, I can but then Playmaker is not working. And it's not just that script. Strange because all my project are PM + NGUI and haven't had a problem so far.

Aaddiction

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2021, 05:29:42 PM »
After some testing it seems latest Playmaker versions have duplicate scripts with NGUI - Tween position, Tween Scale, Tween Color editor scripts.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2021, 05:37:49 PM by Aaddiction »

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2021, 12:04:57 AM »
It looks like NGUI doesn't use namespaces and declares TweenPosition etc. in the global namespace. Import the attached package and it should work with NGUI.

Aaddiction

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2021, 03:15:43 AM »
Thank you a lot! This worked.

However, now I have the following errors in the NGUI actions I'm using for Playmaker.

Assets\AT1 Ngui Actions\Scripts\nguiTweenColor.cs(21,21): error CS0426: The type name 'Style' does not exist in the type 'TweenColor'
Assets\AT1 Ngui Actions\Scripts\nguiTweenColor.cs(22,21): error CS0426: The type name 'Method' does not exist in the type 'TweenColor'
Assets\AT1 Ngui Actions\Scripts\nguiTweenPosition.cs(22,24): error CS0426: The type name 'Style' does not exist in the type 'TweenPosition'
Assets\AT1 Ngui Actions\Scripts\nguiTweenPosition.cs(23,24): error CS0426: The type name 'Method' does not exist in the type 'TweenPosition'
Assets\AT1 Ngui Actions\Scripts\nguiTweenPositionAsGameobjects.cs(22,24): error CS0426: The type name 'Style' does not exist in the type 'TweenPosition'
Assets\AT1 Ngui Actions\Scripts\nguiTweenPositionAsGameobjects.cs(23,24): error CS0426: The type name 'Method' does not exist in the type 'TweenPosition'
Assets\AT1 Ngui Actions\Scripts\nguiTweenRotation.cs(20,24): error CS0426: The type name 'Style' does not exist in the type 'TweenRotation'
Assets\AT1 Ngui Actions\Scripts\nguiTweenRotation.cs(21,24): error CS0426: The type name 'Method' does not exist in the type 'TweenRotation'
Assets\AT1 Ngui Actions\Scripts\nguiTweenScale.cs(21,21): error CS0426: The type name 'Style' does not exist in the type 'TweenScale'
Assets\AT1 Ngui Actions\Scripts\nguiTweenScale.cs(22,21): error CS0426: The type name 'Method' does not exist in the type 'TweenScale'

I've reached to the publisher, but not sure if he'll answer.

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2021, 02:47:54 PM »
You should be able to fix this yourself by adding
PlayMaker.Actions. in front of TweenColor etc.

Double click the error to open in the default code editor. Then add PlayMaker.Actions. in front TweenColor etc.

So
TweenColor becomes
PlayMaker.Actions.TweenColor
Let me know how it goes!
« Last Edit: February 28, 2021, 02:49:34 PM by Alex Chouls »

Aaddiction

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2021, 04:46:59 PM »
I was able to fix with a help from a friend. There was also issue with tooltips. Thank you a lot!

Bartec

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2021, 11:35:06 AM »
Hey have the same issue.
cant fix it by myself.

PlayMaker.Actions.TweenColor not working for me.

how can i fix?

regards