playMaker

Author Topic: Playmaker window + placing prefabs = issues  (Read 1596 times)

Gua

• Beta Group
    • Andrii Vintsevych
Playmaker window + placing prefabs = issues
« on: March 21, 2021, 10:44:46 AM »
v1.9.1.f7p4
Unity 2018.4.31

When playmaker editor is open and I try to drag prefab with any FSM, it totally breaks scene view navigation. First I get a Unity freeze, that it's hard to make scene view properly.

I didn't have those issues with older version of Playmaker. I use third party solution to place prefabs called Prefab Pick & Place
https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/level-design/prefab-pick-place-117399

1. When Playmaker tab is not active (visible). I have no issues placing any prefabs.
2. When Playmaker tab is active and I'm placing a prefab with no FSMs, there's no issues.
3. But when Playmaker tab is open and I try to place prefab with any FSM, my scene view becomes frozen for some period of time and prefab doesn't get place.

update: The main issue is a huge unity freeze that happens when I try to place prefab, If I don't touch anything I will be able to place it, but that freeze wasn't present in Playmaker. 1.9.0

Gua

• Beta Group
    • Andrii Vintsevych
Re: Playmaker window + placing prefabs = issues
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2021, 11:09:17 AM »
One new thing I've noticed is that when I pace prefab, action usage gets updated. That is probably what is causing that delay. I should point out that Auto Refresh Action usage option is disabled.

« Last Edit: March 21, 2021, 11:11:07 AM by Gua »

Gua

• Beta Group
    • Andrii Vintsevych
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2021, 11:19:49 AM »
Playmaker also refreshes action usage when I exit playmode and this also makes Unity freeze for couple of seconds. Some FSM needs to be opened and locked to cause that huge action usage update and unity freeze.

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2021, 03:03:12 PM »
I just sent you an invite to the beta. I'm curious if 1.9.1p5 improves theses issues for you.

Gua

• Beta Group
    • Andrii Vintsevych
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2021, 06:57:52 PM »
I just sent you an invite to the beta. I'm curious if 1.9.1p5 improves theses issues for you.
Issue is gone in 1.9.1p5  :)

Gua

• Beta Group
    • Andrii Vintsevych
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2021, 12:15:51 AM »
Unfortunately issue is still there.

When I enter and exit play mode, action usage get updated

And after that, I cannot normally place prefabs with fsms anymore. I get that huge delay.

When I reset my interface using button on the right. Issue goes away.

But as soon as I open global variables windows, issue comes back.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2021, 12:22:32 AM by Gua »

Gua

• Beta Group
    • Andrii Vintsevych
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2021, 02:21:14 PM »
If globals window is opened right from the start, I don't even need to enter play mode to trigger that issue. As you can see, this is once again related with force update of globals/actions usage while auto refresh is disabled.

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2021, 02:35:23 PM »
I've updated the 1.9.1p5 build with some more optimizations.

In the Globals Window there is now an Auto Refresh Used Counts setting. You can uncheck this in larger projects.

And you can still uncheck Auto Update Action Usage in the Action Browser.

If you're still seeing the issue, please check this preference:
PlayMaker > Preferences > Experimental > Debug Performance

This will log expensive operations in the console. Searches for auto updating usage counts are generally the most expensive operations in the editor. If you're still seeing a search in the console when you wouldn't expect it (given your auto refresh settings), please copy the log from the console (including all the details) and send it to me. Thanks!!