playMaker

Author Topic: General feedback on 1.9.1pxx  (Read 975 times)

Broken Stylus

• Beta Group
General feedback on 1.9.1pxx
« on: March 23, 2021, 10:15:17 AM »
Here's a quick list of things I noted.

Feedback on Playmaker 1.9.1xx + some suggestions...

The separating lines inside actions are really strong. I have some actions that use for example compound arrays and it’s just a pile of line, added to those that separate actions. It's CRT scan lines galore lol. I think internal lines would be nicer if a bit more transparent or of a lighter gray.

The Action Sequence separation zone (with the downward triangle on the left) is very ugly now, all with the grey gap between two actions. The triangle’s edge is twice thicker in comparison to the separating line’s thickness (not counting the gap itself). Perhaps a better design choice would simply be to have both the separating line and the triangle’s edge be of the same thickness and thicker than a normal separation line (when not in Action Sequence mode).
1.9.0’s version was better, perhaps all it needed was making the separating line a bit thicker by a pixel and that’s about it.

Pressing RMB in the blank area of the State tab makes no menu appear now.

Is pressing ENTER to validate a state’s name a design choice? it adds a new step of which I fail to see the necessity.

We can reach a state’s transitions by pressing ENTER, but I have not found any shortcut or other key to leave the state’s transitions area and move back to the state level.

NullRefExcep on creating a state left of Start state, the new state was 90% hidden by some kind of mask as if it was almost entirely located beneath the Graph View’s gray background acting as a veil here.

RMB pop-up menu in GV is also pushed further down from the mouse cursor when it pops up, any reason for that new extra distance to cover? Before that I could do a quick LMB-RMB to add a state. Whether I like the smaller version or not is hard to tell too, but at least in the former version the cursor was almost already inside the menu when it appeared.

Auto-frame selected state doesn’t work on nearly all states if they are too far off on the left side of the GV’s fame (unless the state is unusually very very large).

The minimap is not interactive anymore.

Collapsing or deploying actions isn’t instantaneous. MacOS Catalina.
Could be due to Apple crapping on performance on purpose, several apps have lost in their responsiveness since I bought the device. The delay I notice could be about 100 ms I’d say, even on small FSMs and the RAM quite empty.

Have a new shortcut: ALT + CTRL/Command + V that replaces the currently selected action(s).

Before/replace/after pasting modes are currently not working if several actions are selected: any pasted action will be added at the bottom of the stack instead. Maybe this could be changed?

It’s possible to collapse or deploy all actions in a state with SPACEBAR but there’s no clear option to do so in the state’s settings (with SPACE written next to it btw).

escpodgames

• Assets
Re: General feedback on 1.9.1pxx
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2021, 04:34:55 AM »
Pressing ENTER to validate a state’s name is really throwing me off as I'm very use to not having to do this.