playMaker

Author Topic: FSM play out of order on iOS  (Read 3640 times)

itszander

• Playmaker Newbie
FSM play out of order on iOS
« on: October 01, 2012, 10:09:00 AM »
Hi there,
i'm using playmaker and i've come across a serious problem that I can't fix. I'm now beginning to assume that this is a bug within your system, although it could be operator error.

Long story short---I created a series of playmaker actions for a tutorial flow in my game. This worked fine on PC. I then tried to deploy to iOS and realized that I had forgotten to include any touch events. Other FSM systems that i've used before assume that a mousedown is the same as a touch event.

Anyhow, so I go back into my flows, add an initial touch event to the idle states for any buttons, then try to build to iOS.  What I get at this point is that my FSMs all fire at different points in time. After the first button  click, almost all subsequent fsms activate, fire an animation, all that the same time.

I've tried to debug this.  My last hope now is that i'm reinstalling my copy of Playmaker and seeing if this does anything.

Any help would be immensely appreciated.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: FSM play out of order on iOS
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2012, 06:30:54 AM »
Hi,

ReInstalling playmaker is most likely not going to help. You are likely having issues to create the proper Fsm with states, and actions to create the feature you want.

Could you share more details about what exactly you are doing? maybe share fsm screenshots and such.

bye,

Jean