playMaker

Author Topic: PUN2 Event Sync Issue  (Read 536 times)

ToxicFrog

• Beta Group
PUN2 Event Sync Issue
« on: June 12, 2021, 10:58:52 PM »
Hi Playmakers,

I'm working on a multiplayer app, and have a problem:

Using Arraymaker:

ParentObject is in the loaded scene. It has Photon View. It has an ArrayList made up of its children, all with PhotonView. Each object has its own PUN ID, set to Net Sync. Each object's PhotonView is looking at the FSM.

When a player clicks ParentObject, it sends an event to each of its children. It gets the PUNID INT from the Next object in the array, finds the object by View ID, then sends an event. I did this to avoid having to use AnimatorView, which has caused me problems.

It works perfectly for the host, and sometimes works perfectly for the non-host. But sometimes the objects don't seem to get the event for the non-host, as if it happens too quickly for the non-host to catch all the events.

Could it be that it's happening too quickly for the non-host to find the object before it moves to the next state?

I've attached a screenshot of the actions I'm using. I'd appreciate any suggestions for improving this workflow!

NOTE: The values are showing 'None' because the screenshot was taken when it's not playing. During runtime all the variables are populated as expected.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2021, 11:24:10 PM by ToxicFrog »