playMaker

Author Topic: Particle System Play NOT FOUND  (Read 1125 times)

Tinnos

• Playmaker Newbie
Particle System Play NOT FOUND
« on: June 30, 2021, 04:40:00 AM »
Dear team,

Please help me.
The action Particle System Play does not show up in my Unity (2019.3.13f1). I have searched it through your Ecosystem (0.6.11) but only the action Particle System Clear does appear...
I have also tried downloading that single action from https://github.com/jeanfabre/PlayMakerCustomActions_U4/tree/master/Assets/PlayMaker%20Shuriken/Actions 
but when I add the .cs manually to any asset folder of Unity it gives me a critical red error (like: Assets\PlayMaker\ParticleSystemPlay.cs(7,1): error CS1022: Type or namespace definition, or end-of-file expected).

Can you please help? I cannot proceed with the development of this part of my game without fixing this.

Thank you.

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
Re: Particle System Play NOT FOUND
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2021, 05:37:02 PM »
Particle System Play is a built-in action, not sure why it wouldn't show up. I've attached a package with the action if you want to try importing it.

What version of PlayMaker are you using? Are there other errors in the console?

Tinnos

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2021, 01:50:11 AM »
Thank you SO much, your attachment works and now I can proceed with my job! My Playmaker version is 1.9.0

artician

• 1.2 Beta
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2021, 04:58:12 PM »
Just wanted to chime in here - My particle actions are also not appearing in the action browser.  I checked to see if I'd somehow not installed a package, checked on ecosystem, nothing.  This is a new project I'm working with, but I use these actions all the time, and was very confused until I found this post.
I'm running in Unity 2019.4.26, with Playmaker v1.9.0p21 in Win8.1.  Thank you for uploading the package in the meantime, but maybe there's something there that bears investigation.