playMaker

Author Topic: Move Object - wait until move is complete before proceeding  (Read 944 times)

EverySingleSoldier

• Playmaker Newbie
Using the Move Object to move an object but want to moving object to complete its move first and then the state machine can continue. The Move Object does have a Finish Event, but I only want it to activate the finish event once the actual transition is completed, due to speed settings etc

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
Re: Move Object - wait until move is complete before proceeding
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2021, 11:50:47 AM »
Hi.
move object should only finish when it ended but you should use other transition names than the default Finished event.

Prestonh

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2021, 03:40:54 AM »
If using rigidbody, just test gameobject speed.   If not using rigidbody.  You could get position of object and of target,  distance check.   Or get distance of object wait a couple frames,  get position again,  distance check those.

EverySingleSoldier

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2021, 07:17:59 AM »
Thanks for the assistance, I am just using a Wait command of .2 real time, which is about the time it takes the GO to move to the next hex.

Fat Pug Studio

• Beta Group
    • Fat Pug Studio
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2021, 01:28:58 PM »
You can use the countdown action if you want to wait in time units. I also propose setting the wait time to a variable so you can also use a divisor if you are having different speed settings in the game. Think up front :)
Available for Playmaker work