playMaker

Author Topic: Score Board. Various issues.  (Read 2580 times)

markfrancombe

Score Board. Various issues.
« on: October 09, 2012, 02:45:34 PM »
Hi, Im just starting to tackle the scoring system in my game, and I'm TOTALLY befuddled as to where to even begin!

I have two main issues: Help with BOTH/EITHER would be excellent!

1. Graphically. How do I even begin to print text on the screen in PlayMaker... NGUI? (I have it but havent even opened it yet)

2. A good Idea as to how to make it work.

Heres what I need/what you need to know about my game.

Its multi-player, using Photon. So the players scores need to be generated dynamically, and displayed, preferably with the current leader "on Top", with lesser mortals ranged in order below.
SO here I need to get (via Photon) each payer name (must already BE got due to chat) and their score. (Should be easy to copy the chat code to send a score variable, instead of text...no?

The score should be generated... "By the Height of the players!!!" PER SECOND!

SO, If the player is standing at an elevation of 0. They receive NO points, if they ar standing at 10 (unity meters) above sea level (so to speak) they should receive 10 points PER SECOND. at 7 meters, 7 points per second, and to on.
The point of the game is to  "Get as high as possible, and stay there!"

Sounds stupid, now I write it.. ha ha.. anyway...

ANY help is very gratefully received, I don't need SPECIFIC answers, but ideas of best practice, or good approaches to try...

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Score Board. Various issues.
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2012, 01:44:54 AM »
Hi,

1: you can print text with playmaker using all the *gui* actions like guiLayoutButton and other similar things. Thos it pretty limited if you plan on great and complex UI.

so yes, nGUI is one way, and if you search on this forum for ngui, you will find a lot of post related to this.

2:

You should study carefully several samples:

the photon demo: http://hutonggames.com/playmakerforum/index.php?topic=1390.0
In there you will get everything you need to get started with photon and playmaker with a working sample fully documented.

The m2h samples ported to playmaker: https://hutonggames.fogbugz.com/default.asp?W880
A must stop here for anyone starting with playmaker. It has several simple games with fully documentation FSM on technics, whys and hows

Bye,

Jean