playMaker

Author Topic: WebGL using Unity 2019.4, PUN & Playmaker  (Read 479 times)

gregacuna

WebGL using Unity 2019.4, PUN & Playmaker
« on: October 04, 2021, 12:36:46 PM »
Though I can write some code I'm creating a multiplayer online (WebGL) board/card game in Unity 2019.4 using Playmaker. The game is for corporate team-building so it will have someone "running" the game which I call a "Guide." I have the basic networking working in an automated way where Players put in the Guide's name and a Passcode which is used to create the Room Name. They all connect to the server and when the Guide hits a "Start" button (only visible to them) all the players enter the initial room which is a 2D board game.

I thought I was making good progress, but when I decided to change some of the logic to use the Player Number and Player ID I've run into a wall. In the Unity editor when I get the Actor Number or Player ID I'm seeing the data, but in the WebGL build it's obviously not getting the data as I'm just seeing the default values displayed.

I'm not getting any errors or warnings in the browser console. Any suggestions on how I can try to debug this problem? Any tutorials or sample projects specifically for WebGL which might help me understand what is going wrong?

gregacuna

Re: WebGL using Unity 2019.4, PUN & Playmaker
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2021, 01:00:16 PM »
BUMP...I'm really wondering how to get help/support with things connected to Playmaker and PUN. Certain questions get answered on the Discord channel, but other things like actions which just don't seem to work seem to be missed. Any suggestions of getting answers???