playMaker

Author Topic: Issues with Unity interface after making a build  (Read 1115 times)

Gua

• Beta Group
    • Andrii Vintsevych
Issues with Unity interface after making a build
« on: December 14, 2021, 04:38:24 AM »
Unity 2018.4.31

Recently I've upgraded to the latest version of Playmaker. And after a while I've noticed that every time I make a build I get those errors

And most of Unity interface stops reacting to my clicks. So I need to restart Unity every time I make a build.

After I lot of bug hunting, I've noticed that this doesn't happen if Playmaker window isn't present in UI of Unity.

Unfortinaly, so far, I haven't able to reproduce this issue in fresh, new project. It happens in my main project.

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
Re: Issues with Unity interface after making a build
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2021, 10:47:00 AM »
Strange, I’ve never seen these errors before. I’ll do some research and see what 8 can find.

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2021, 12:02:51 PM »
I found some other posts from people running into this issue. It seems like a Unity issue, but hard to reproduce. One person posted that changing API Compatibility Level to .Net 4.x fixed the issue.

There is another potential fix that I'll implement in the next beta version. However, I'm not able to repro the issue here, so you will need to test it to see if it works.

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2021, 12:29:32 PM »
Actually can you try importing the attached package? Please test in a copy of your project to be safe!

Gua

• Beta Group
    • Andrii Vintsevych
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2021, 09:06:42 PM »
I'm not able to repro the issue here, so you will need to test it to see if it works.
Have you tried my stripped worn version of my project? (link in your PM).

Actually can you try importing the attached package? Please test in a copy of your project to be safe!
It worked! Thanks! Can I use it this script my main project or I should wait for new version of Playmaker?
« Last Edit: December 15, 2021, 09:53:42 PM by Gua »

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2021, 04:04:18 PM »
Hi, I missed your PM. I'll check it now.

Yes, you should be fine to use that script in the main project. It removes a build optimization that was apparently causing issues with some projects (not just PlayMaker, I found the fix on the Odin forum). But let us know if you run into any issues with it!