playMaker

Author Topic: [SOLVED] Smooth look at direction dosn't work ...  (Read 3688 times)

divertoso

• Playmaker Newbie
[SOLVED] Smooth look at direction dosn't work ...
« on: October 26, 2012, 09:29:43 AM »
Building A Third Person Controller
video time: 3:15

my capsule is not looking at direction, or at least the gizmo isnt changing direction like yours is..... any ideas? 
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 07:30:15 PM by divertoso »

kiriri

Re: Smooth look at direction dosn't work ...
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2012, 09:53:28 AM »
can you make a screenshot of your smooth look action at runtime? May help us to figure it out ;)
Best,
Sven

divertoso

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2012, 05:26:24 PM »
can you make a screenshot of your smooth look action at runtime? May help us to figure it out ;)

Look this,

In my house pc, it dosn't work (playmaker 1.3.2)

In my work pc, it work (i'm no sure about playmaker version now...)

look the difference between som arguments in states...

kiriri

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2012, 05:54:32 AM »
first of all, for good measures you should only use global variablesif there's no other way. For scenarios like this you should probably consider using get and set FSM variable actions.

As to the problem: The version you use at work moves 25 times faster I think. The get Axis vector multiplies by 100 and you never normalize the vector. So the movement should be much faster. Have you checked if perhaps the home version is just moving very slowly?

I have to admit though that it seems weird that there is no Value to the Vector at runtime in your home version. DOes replacing the global vector variable with a normal Vector3 variable change how they are displayed at runtime?
Best,
Sven

divertoso

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2012, 07:29:55 PM »
first of all, for good measures you should only use global variablesif there's no other way. For scenarios like this you should probably consider using get and set FSM variable actions.

As to the problem: The version you use at work moves 25 times faster I think. The get Axis vector multiplies by 100 and you never normalize the vector. So the movement should be much faster. Have you checked if perhaps the home version is just moving very slowly?

I have to admit though that it seems weird that there is no Value to the Vector at runtime in your home version. DOes replacing the global vector variable with a normal Vector3 variable change how they are displayed at runtime?

The problem was the handles set as global, when i changed to local it work's, tks for you help kiriri