playMaker

Author Topic: Updated from 1.9.0 to 1.9.5 and switching to Variable view is very slow  (Read 739 times)

diccon

• Playmaker Newbie
I have run the update to go from 1.9.0 to 1.9.5 (latest) and now I find that opening the Variables tab in the FSM editor is very slow.  In editor mode it takes around 15 seconds and when running the game it is more than twice that (30 seconds+).
Once the Variable tab has been opened I can tab back and forth into it quickly, but if I close the FSM editor and reopen it is very slow again.

We do have a big project with large fsms and lots of variables, however the problem is the same for a tiny single state fsm as it is for the really big ones.  This problem was not experienced in 1.9.0 or any other previous versions.

I'm wondering if there is anything I can do to fix this?   If I go ahead with this upgrade it will have a pretty negative impact on workflow productivity for our team.

diccon

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Updated from 1.9.0 to 1.9.5 and switching to Variable view is very slow
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2022, 04:00:12 PM »
Follow up to this, I did a profile of the editor and it shows that Playmaker is allocating 1.5Gb when I click on the Variable view, it looks like FindEventUsage is quite expensive but the profile doesn't really show where the bulk of the time goes.

diccon

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Updated from 1.9.0 to 1.9.5 and switching to Variable view is very slow
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2022, 01:27:07 PM »
It turns out the solution to this is to turn off Auto Refresh Used Counts in the global variable settings.