playMaker

Author Topic: Trigger event not responding to colliders, only works with character controller  (Read 761 times)

Jay

• Playmaker Newbie
I am having an issue with none of my colliders working with on trigger enter or exit at all.

They will only function with a character controller component added. I created a fresh project to test out various colliders and the issue still persists. No other colliders will trigger the event.

The test scene is attached, any insight, tips or advice welcome as I'm stumped.

Unity scene package here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lVYzcJVsgJlYAJkbqke5fvkXNSTMukV5/view?usp=share_link

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
Hi.
have a rigidbody(2d) component should work

Jay

• Playmaker Newbie
I added a Rigidbody 2D and the player capsule went invisible.

Is there anything else I can try? I'm not using collider tags, which I know is usually the issue.

Jay

• Playmaker Newbie
The rigidbody 2d was making the capsule fall through the floor. I set gravity scale to 0 and it stayed put. However it's still not triggering the collision event.

Jay

• Playmaker Newbie
The colliders in my game are currently working correctly. I started a new scene and the collider issue appeared.

I then started a new project to test out what was going wrong. The problem persists in new scene in a fresh project.

Trigger events will work with a character controller attached to any object. They don't trigger with any other collider.

Collision events don't work even with a character controller added.

Is this a bug or am I missing something obvious?

Jay

• Playmaker Newbie
I just needed to add a regular Ridgidbody and a Collider. At least now I'll never forget again. Thanks for your help.