playMaker

Author Topic: PlayMaker is not installed  (Read 833 times)

Anzavour

• Playmaker Newbie
PlayMaker is not installed
« on: January 25, 2023, 07:51:13 AM »
Hello all,

This is not really a bug, but rather an error, even a crash. After I purchased PM from the asset store:

1) I download and import the packages, unity compiles scripts, etc. Then I receive the errors on Unity's console, image is attached below.

2) To check if everything is installed correctly, I go to Main Menu > PlayMaker, and I see that PM is not installed at all. Under tools, there is only "Pre-Check Updates", and below tools, there is only "Install PlayMaker".

3) I delete every folder related to PM from my project, re-import, and the same result as step 1.

4) I open a new empty project on Unity: same as step 1.

5) I go to PlayMaker > Editor > Install > Playmaker.1.9.6.userpackage: same as step 1.

What am I missing? I am pretty sure that I am following the correct steps, but I do not see where the source of this problem is. PM is not installed, and PM related scripts are yielding errors with Unity's own scripts.

FYI, I am on Unity 2021.3.16f1 Personal* <DX11>.

Thanks for any sort of help.

Cheers.

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
Re: PlayMaker is not installed
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2023, 06:30:10 AM »
Hi.
Is this on a fresh project?

If not can you try on a clean project (no other 3rd party assets)
and see if that works.
Also try redownload Playmaker in the package manager.
I just tested on a fresh project and it seems to have no errors for me.

if you the fresh project is working, try adding 3rd party assets that you have on the 'broken' project, to see if any conflict happens.