playMaker

Author Topic: Okashi RPG Kit Actions  (Read 16018 times)

poofdragon

• Playmaker Newbie
Okashi RPG Kit Actions
« on: November 19, 2012, 02:55:19 AM »
Hello all,

I have been working on transcribing ORK into Playmaker Actions. I have completed a significant portion of the functions, but I'm new to working with Playmaker and ORK, so I could use some help.

If anyone is interested on taking on some aspects of the ORK conversion, adding functionality, or evaluating some of the Actions I've already written, I would find it extremely helpful.

Thanks in advance ^^

Requirements:

Changelog:

Current Version: 0.7 - 2012.11.27
    • MenuHandler

Version: 0.6 - 2012.11.20
    • GameSettings
    • LoadSaveHUD Handler

Version: 0.5 - 2012.11.19
    • LevelHandler

Version: 0.4 - 2012.11.18
    • First .unitypackage
    • PartyHandler

Version: 0.3 - 2012.11.17
    • MainMenuHandler
    • MusicHandler

Version: 0.2 - 2012.11.16
    • DataHolder
    • GameHandler

Version: 0.1 - 2012.11.15
    • DataHolder
    • GameHandler

TODO:

• GameHandler
    • DataHolder
    • PartyHandler
    • MusicHandler
    • MainMenuHandler
    • MenuHandler
    • LevelHandler
    • LoadSaveHUD Handler
    • GameSettings
    • BattleSystem
    • Need a better way to store custom Classes as some kind of standard FSM Class*

* - I am currently converting ORK things (ex: Character, Armor, Enemy) to an FsmObject to store them in a usable way then converting them back as appropriate.

The Actions available in the Attachments are extremely simple and have not been tested thoroughly. Be aware that some of the more exotic actions might not function as expected (such as those methods which have no documentation on the ORK wiki). If you experience any issues or wish to suggest changes / additions, please report them here. Thanks ^^
    « Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 01:57:12 AM by poofdragon »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
    • Official Playmaker Support
    Re: Okashi RPG Kit Actions
    « Reply #1 on: November 19, 2012, 05:01:11 AM »
    Hi,

Very good initiative, thanks!

As for custom types, what do you mean? do you mean Enums? or custom Classes?

bye,

Jean

poofdragon

• Playmaker Newbie
    « Reply #2 on: November 19, 2012, 05:29:05 AM »
    Hi,

Very good initiative, thanks!

As for custom types, what do you mean? do you mean Enums? or custom Classes?

bye,

Jean

Thanks ^^

I mean custom Classes. Like Character, Enemy, MusicClip, GUIContent, etc. For the moment I'm trying to Convert everything into a generic FsmObject and back again as necessary, but I'm really not sure what the best way to handle things like that might be.

Damian

• 1.2 Beta
      • Permaximum Betty
    « Reply #3 on: November 19, 2012, 06:01:15 AM »
    Sounds very good. I have ORK to, but I havent had any time to develop with it.
    If there is Playmaker support for it, then it would be great.
    I also think you should send a e-mail(ork@rpg-kit.com) to the developer and talk to him about this.

poofdragon

• Playmaker Newbie
    « Reply #4 on: November 19, 2012, 07:57:12 AM »
    I also think you should send a e-mail(ork@rpg-kit.com) to the developer and talk to him about this.

I have contacted him via email and I am also active on faq.rpg-kit.com. He's usually a bit slow to respond, and really this is the best place for ORK - Playmaker integration discussion. Besides that I think his main focus is getting ORK2 released and I have no interest in distracting him from that >_<

I haven't had much time to play around with most of the Actions I've made, but the ones I've tried seem to work pretty well. I would appreciate any feedback.  My initial interest was mostly to get support for ORK Variables since ORK has the EventSystem and there's no easy way to pass variables from scripts or FSMs. With all the Actions being so simple and the basic framework so easy to write, it seemed like a good idea just to try to finish off the entire system as much as possible.

Damian

• 1.2 Beta
      • Permaximum Betty
    « Reply #5 on: November 19, 2012, 08:13:55 AM »

I have contacted him via email and I am also active on faq.rpg-kit.com. He's usually a bit slow to respond, and really this is the best place for ORK - Playmaker integration discussion. Besides that I think his main focus is getting ORK2 released and I have no interest in distracting him from that >_<

I haven't had much time to play around with most of the Actions I've made, but the ones I've tried seem to work pretty well. I would appreciate any feedback.  My initial interest was mostly to get support for ORK Variables since ORK has the EventSystem and there's no easy way to pass variables from scripts or FSMs. With all the Actions being so simple and the basic framework so easy to write, it seemed like a good idea just to try to finish off the entire system as much as possible.

Shall be nice to see your work in action.

I am curios about ORK 2 :-)

Cynel1

• Playmaker Newbie
    « Reply #6 on: December 11, 2012, 05:42:43 AM »
    thanks for taking over making ORK commands

eiVix

• Playmaker Newbie
    « Reply #7 on: December 11, 2012, 10:29:56 AM »
    Oh, this is exciting! Any idea when the battle system will be integrated?

poofdragon

• Playmaker Newbie
    « Reply #8 on: December 18, 2012, 06:43:34 PM »
    Oh, this is exciting! Any idea when the battle system will be integrated?

The battle system is by far the most complicated / difficult to translate and completely undocumented. I will probably take it on more seriously within the next few weeks (I think), but I'm currently focused on other things.

I need to make an update with some random fixes to some of the existing Actions, too, since I've been updating Actions as I find issues while implementing different things in my own game.

Cynel1

• Playmaker Newbie
    « Reply #9 on: December 19, 2012, 03:23:46 PM »
    oh it appears the battle system Might be reworked in ORK 2
    « Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 03:25:21 PM by Cynel1 »

poofdragon

• Playmaker Newbie
    « Reply #10 on: December 19, 2012, 04:46:06 PM »
    oh it appears the battle system Might be reworked in ORK 2

I expect that a good deal of the ORK framework will be altered for ORK2. However, I would anticipate that whatever changes do occur will be a variation on the existing framework and should have only some clean up work rather than having to start these actions over from scratch.

Cynel1

• Playmaker Newbie
    « Reply #11 on: December 19, 2012, 10:06:12 PM »
    thank for taking over poofdragon  because of the holidays im taking a Break from Writing my games story and making a rough prototype. I want to enjoy the holidays but perhaps in 2013 ORK 2 will be released and i get back to work.

Cynel1

• Playmaker Newbie
    « Reply #12 on: February 26, 2013, 05:11:42 PM »
    so  did you  made any progress ?

poofdragon

• Playmaker Newbie
    « Reply #13 on: February 27, 2013, 07:49:07 PM »
    so  did you  made any progress ?

I have made *some* progress with the battle system stuff, but the more I work with it the more I feel it would be difficult to integrate using FSM type stuff. The battle system is pretty complicated, and for my purposes, I will probably end up altering the ORK battle system code directly rather than attempt to recreate the logic using Playmaker Actions.

With the ever looming promise of ORK2 right around the corner I am more inclined to wait for its release (and update the actions accordingly) rather than finish work on the ORK(1) battle system.

If you have any interest in looking at what I have up to this point, send me a PM and I'll get you a copy of what I've got, but it is far from complete and probably not very useful.

Cynel1

• Playmaker Newbie
    « Reply #14 on: March 26, 2013, 08:32:06 AM »
    Well ORK 2 is heading for a beta release