playMaker

Author Topic: How to change Photon AppID in PC Build  (Read 3515 times)

gregacuna

How to change Photon AppID in PC Build
« on: March 27, 2024, 03:43:35 PM »
Hey All...I have a project built with Playmaker where the local project is messed up due to meta files being deleted and unfortunately the same happened to the backups. It's just a proof of concept so trying to get the PC Build working to demo it, but problem #2 is the App was deleted in the PhotonEngine backend.

I've downloaded the "Unity Assets Bundle Extractor" hoping to find the Photon AppID so I can change it to a new AppID. Unfortunately, I'm having a hard time finding where the AppID is stored. On the Photon Engine discord some one has suggested it is in the "resources.assets" file and then in PhotonAppSettings and an AI search also says the same, but when I use the "Unity Assets Bundle Extractor" to see the "MonoBehaviour PhotonServerSettings" asset in the "resources.assets" file all I see is in the PhotonServerSetting.jpg attached. NOTE: There is a +[view asset] which won't open so I don't know if it is hidden there. I've also looked at the second PathID number 1768 to see if the AppID is stored there, but strangely the assets with that PathID seems to be a bone of a character which seems strange.

Anyone have any ideas where I can find the AppID so I can change it, save it back to the PC build and see if I can run the demo???

Thanks in Advance!
« Last Edit: March 29, 2024, 08:53:30 AM by gregacuna »

gregacuna

Re: How to change Photon AppID in PC Build
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2024, 08:54:43 AM »
Hey all...I didn't find out how to do this, but I was able to find an old SVN repository with the project so won't be trying to change the AppID in the build. Still think that knowledge might be helpful to someone if anyone knows the answer.