playMaker

Author Topic: Having a lot of problems with 1.4  (Read 2735 times)

[?]Anykey

• Playmaker Newbie
Having a lot of problems with 1.4
« on: December 05, 2012, 10:16:09 AM »
Hello there!

I'm having a lot of problems with playMaker version 1.4 unfortunately. Since I updated I have had prefabs loosing variable information, take variable information from other variables when I have edited prefabs. I have also had actions being stuck running each frame (or so I think because its text turns green) even though I have set them to not do that and even if I take like a wait 1 sec action to force it out of the state it still gets stuck. The actions I have had problems with so far are destroy object and set fsm bool.

I also have problems with other objects telling another object to move with like a controller move and the controller move telling the object that it has to have a character controller or rigid body even though the object that is set to move has one. It works during play and playMaker says there are no errors..

I checked to see if updating to unity 4 fixed that but it didn't and I also imported playMaker into an empty project and then closed down unity and removed playMaker from my games project folder and pasted in the newly imported one from the empty project to see if I got these problems due to a problem during update.
That didn't work and all set boolean, boolean test actions broke and when I tried to select a boolean var all it said was none.

As a result of these bugs I have had to go through all of my levels to try to fix these issues and it has taken me 1½ week so far and I am not yet finished. I'm feeling a bit pressured by this because I have a deadline to meet before Christmas and a lot of stuff left to do.

I had 1.4.3 before updating and I'm running PC, Windows 7 and Unity 3.5.6f4
oh and I am using Ex2D together with playMaker.

Hope anyone can help me out. Thanks!

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
Re: Having a lot of problems with 1.4
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2012, 05:37:17 PM »
Can you confirm that you have the latest version - it should say 1.4.4 in the playmaker about window.

[?]Anykey

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2012, 03:48:12 AM »
Thanks for responding.
Yes the about window says I have version 1.4.4f3

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2012, 11:52:28 AM »
I sent you a pm about joining the beta group so we can work out what's wrong...