playMaker

Author Topic: iGUI integration. Basics done.  (Read 4714 times)

wiseman_2

• Playmaker Newbie
iGUI integration. Basics done.
« on: December 09, 2012, 11:39:16 PM »
Hi... first I wanted to say that I love playmaker. I like unity , but wanted the freedom of quick development that playmaker offers much better than the others fsms I tried. I've also written a couple of apps using almost exclusively iGUI with just a little code.
SO when I started working on my current fps project I wanted to use both...I'm comfortable with both.
I obviously need them to work together.   I started writing these because I need to be able to use playmaker with iGUI and didn't feel I could wait for someone else to do it. I looked through the forums here and saw that a few had asked about this quite some time ago, and I looked on the iGUI site ...they said they were looking into it, but they gave up on it. So that is why I took it on.

I currently have about 15 actions written that provide access to 20 or so standard functions  and work with all iGUI elements.
These include;
  • enable / disable
    set passive
    set scale
    set rotation
    set opacity
    set background color
    set label color
    set layer
    set text
    get text
    position, set x and set y
    size, set height and width
    set label image
    set label tool tip
    trigger event

will be releasing these in the next couple of days with a few other actions I'm working on. I've tested these for a few days now and they all work great.
 Right now I am interested in finding out what specific actions others are looking for.

Currently I haven't written any actions for specific components. I've been trying to keep everything as generic as possible. So any requests that you have please think about that. Generalized actions can be used for more situations, and help more people. If possible try to give an example or two for the action.

wiseman_2

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: iGUI integration. Basics done.
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2012, 02:22:53 AM »
just to let everyone know.. these are now available on the asset store

im busy putting together a website to support them, but until then, just send me a pm if you have any issues

and im still looking for requests for other actions that i haven't included

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2012, 03:25:16 AM »
Hi,

I can't find anything on the asset store about this, do you have the link? thanks,

bye,

Jean

wiseman_2

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2012, 10:06:46 PM »

Duffdaddy

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2013, 04:29:26 AM »
Oh brilliant. Just stumbled onto this.  Was probably me asking about iGUI ages ago. Man I could'a done with these a while back. Will give the a whirl. Thanks!

qholmes

• 1.2 Beta
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2013, 10:07:59 AM »
So I use EZ Gui right now.. And have not had any issues with it. But i just watched some of the videos on iGui and i really like the idea of the wysiwyg layout tool...

Anyone have any comments on using one over the other?

Q

Duffdaddy

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2013, 05:47:12 AM »
iGUI more memory hungry than EZ GUI, so not so hot for iOS

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2013, 02:29:14 AM »
Hi,