playMaker

Author Topic: Templates confusion  (Read 2060 times)

komatii

• Playmaker Newbie
Templates confusion
« on: January 17, 2013, 01:35:01 AM »
I'm a bit confused on templates.
I've saved a template, but when I select a different object with an FSM, and click "Paste Template" from the template browser, it doesn't actually do anything.
If I right click in the graph and select "paste template" I can get the template into the FSM, but at the top left of the graph where it has "menu icon>gameobject name>FSM name" the FSM name doesn't change.

Is there not a way to have multiple objects use the same FSM graph, such that changing the template will also update it for every FSM using it?

Is there a way for multiple objects to use the same FSM, rather than changing the graph in one, and then having to paste/redo those changes for all the others?

komatii

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Templates confusion
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2013, 01:46:20 AM »
Also how do I just replace the FSM with the template. I keep ending up with messy FSM's that have leftover variables from pasting the wrong template, deleting everything, then pasting the correct template.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Templates confusion
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2013, 01:49:32 AM »
Hi,

If you have some patience, the next beta has it's template system improved in such a way that you now only need to reference the template for a given fsm, so that will likely make your life a lot easier. Currently, I have to admit I am not using templates AT ALL... shame on me :) I simply rely on prefabs for all the work that I do multiple time, and template as it currently is is not providing what I expect. BUT the current beta has improved this situation incredibly!

bye,

Jean