playMaker

Author Topic: Some idea for the UI...  (Read 3271 times)

MU65

• Playmaker Newbie
Some idea for the UI...
« on: January 11, 2013, 12:42:52 AM »
Hi,

I've just made a game using Playmaker ("Piggy Bank", see the App Store or www.marcurlus.be) and it was a real pleasure. I wouldn't been able to do it without this plugin.

I have to thanks all those who are behind this piece of software because it make me be able to give concret form to my indie casual game creator dream.

Still I found that there were some little thinks that could help using it even more easily.

It would be nice to be able to goup node in the editor so when you have a complex tree of node it could be easier to manage them all. If you ever used Shake, Fusion or Nuke (3D compositor) you know what I mean.

I don't know what it would cost in developping but if we could do some Custom Action based on nodes tree it could also be easier to manage complex FSM. I mean a kind of template but stack in one node and save in an action folder. Of course you can always code these, but then again when coding give you headache, you're so pleased to find some solution to avoid it !

I've read that there will be in a next release, a way to zoom in the editor and that was also something that I lack so thanks again for what you've done and what you're going to do.