playMaker

Author Topic: ButtonDoor.unity - tutorial somewhere ? [SOLVED]  (Read 3078 times)

kurageart

• Playmaker Newbie
ButtonDoor.unity - tutorial somewhere ? [SOLVED]
« on: January 14, 2013, 10:55:20 AM »
Hello, I'm studying the scene you released in your examples set , and I think they are many things that can be useful for my project... One of them , is for sure the Cursor object...
Now, in the scene, exploring the Cursor : FSM, i can notice they are some events : default , paused, touch..
I watched most of the video tutorials, it is very easy to create a new event, but how can i assign them to the fms in a top event position (like default, paused, touch)? Do i have first to create a state in another fms that call the event? or, is there a specific tutorial for this scene? thanks  
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 09:17:42 PM by kurageart »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: ButtonDoor.unity - tutorial somewhere ?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2013, 02:24:20 PM »
Hi,

Yes, you can fire that event from other states, BUT make sure you check the vent to be global ( in the event tab, there is a check box, tick that for the event to be available to other Fsm for inter communication)

If you watch the videos and screencasts available for playmaker, you'll quickly see how that process is performed. I suggest you watch as much as possible, cause this is the best way to learn all the tricks and processes.

bye,

Jean

kurageart

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2013, 04:42:22 PM »
Ah, yes, video tutorial are also well made, and somehow even funny!
Can you point me in witch video tutorial is explained how to call an event in that way?
i Mean.. I can create a new event, I can make it Global, but How do I display as a separate event (like the Start) as in the given example?
I attach an image to make myself a bit more clear, hoping that that it can helps:)

Alio

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2013, 04:46:24 PM »
Under your action browser select Get FSM event then you can apply the event you want to change the state.

ie if someone touched said Door, on touch event or mouse up/down whatever your using call in that state Get FSM Event - Touch.  it will then apply the global touch event and move it to the touch state in which you defined with global event.  I hope that answers your question.
I just frankenstein it.

kurageart

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2013, 06:06:24 PM »
mmm, I'm sorry, I guess that I haven't made myself clear...
How to I create those very dark grey boxes , such "START" , "touch" , "paused" ? (not the light gray "Default" , "Touch" , "Paused" .. Thank you for your patience ...!

Alio

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2013, 06:08:34 PM »
go to events and create them and click the little box next to it to make it into a global event.

then right click on the state and select Global Transition not normal transition and it will put those Dark Boxes over the State.
I just frankenstein it.

kurageart

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2013, 06:12:03 PM »
Ok.. finally I figured out... Your answer made totally sense! Thank you Alio and jeanfabre!

Alio

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2013, 06:21:10 PM »
No problem glad to help, please if that solved your issue, edit title of topic and add [SOLVED] so that everyone knows :D best of luck to you.
I just frankenstein it.