playMaker

Author Topic: [Solved]Missing "Send Event To FSM" Action  (Read 3062 times)

SirGatlin

• Playmaker Newbie
[Solved]Missing "Send Event To FSM" Action
« on: January 16, 2013, 12:49:33 PM »
Hey guys, I am currently making my way though the Playmaker tutorial Hutong has so generously posted on youtube, and on the Using Events section Iv noticed that the action "Send Event To FSM" is used and that specific action is not found in my list of actions.
Im guessing this is due to me having Unity4 and following tutorial that were made with Unity3d, or has been renamed or implemented in a new action through some update somewhere.

the video is having me make a button send an event to the door's fsm to switch its states, and after a small delay to switch back. I cant find an action that will allow me to replicate what he is doing in the video. Any help would be appreciated

Thanks,
G
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 02:54:40 PM by SirGatlin »

SirGatlin

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Missing "Send Event To FSM" Action
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2013, 12:58:33 PM »
Ok so I fixed my own problem. I just created a Send Event and made that certain event, which in this case is Open and Close, and made them Global and could access them from the button to send that event remotely.
Now I ask, is this the right way of going about it, or could this possible interfere with needing to use a global Open and Close in the future? so I guess i should make it something like openDoor2. 
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 01:01:01 PM by SirGatlin »

SirGatlin

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2013, 01:49:24 PM »
So I just ran into the same issue in the same video, but this time with the "Broadcast Event" Action is not in my list of actions. any clue why I don't have them?

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2013, 02:04:00 PM »
Send Event To FSM functionality was moved to Send Event.

Send Event now has an Event Target parameter that effectively replaces other Send Event actions.

The old actions are still around, but marked "Obsolete." By default Obsolete actions are not shown in the action browser. You can change this in the Action Browser Settings Menu (see attached screenshot).

SirGatlin

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2013, 02:54:19 PM »
Ahh, thanks man, yeah I found the broadcast under send event. awesome.