playMaker

Author Topic: PlayMaker compile errors after importing package  (Read 3129 times)

komatii

• Playmaker Newbie
PlayMaker compile errors after importing package
« on: January 16, 2013, 06:08:19 PM »
With Unity 3.5.6f4, after importing the PlayMaker package, when I compile in MonoDevelop it reports the following errors for the Assembly-CSharp-Editor project
123 No overload for method 'HelpButton' takes '0' arguments (CS1501)  in FsmComponentInspector.cs
163 No overload for method 'DoValueGUI' takes '1' arguments (CS1501) in FsmComponentInspector.cs

The Unity editor does not report these errors, nor does compiling in VS 2010

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
Re: PlayMaker compile errors after importing package
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2013, 09:19:17 PM »
The problem is MonoDevelop doesn't support default parameters even though Unity does.

There's a thread on this here:
http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/67867-MonoDevelop-Problems-with-default-parameters

I assume you're building the project in MonoDevelop to debug it? There's really no need to build the project in MonoDevelop though...

In MonoDevelop Options uncheck "Build project in MonoDevelop" and instead attach to the Unity process to debug.

Hope that helps. It would be nice if Unity fixed this though!

komatii

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: PlayMaker compile errors after importing package
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2013, 01:13:04 AM »
Ah, well that make sense, but since MD only has the assembly and not the source for those classes it didn't inform me that function had a default parameter.