playMaker

Author Topic: Tried 5 Times to Buy PlayMaker - Asset Store Form Broken  (Read 3783 times)

Psmith

• Playmaker Newbie
Tried 5 Times to Buy PlayMaker - Asset Store Form Broken
« on: May 30, 2011, 08:43:43 PM »
Sorry to trouble you with such things, but I would like to purchase PlayMaker, and the Unity Asset Store would not accept my application (New Account).  This had nothing to do with purchasing info - just filling out the initial "registration" form.

I filled out every required field, checked it and redid it about 5 times or more, and, even though all fields are filled in (I eventually filled in every field in the form), I kept getting the error message "You must complete all lines in the form."  I typed and retyped passwords, and everything else - all to no avail.

So, even though I've got a hundred American smackers that I want to use to buy PlayMaker, some bug in the Asset Store registration process is prohibiting such a generous action.

Psmith

Psmith

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Tried 5 Times to Buy PlayMaker - Asset Store Form Broken
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2011, 11:28:21 PM »
Well, after waiting a couple of hours and trying to create an Asset Store account with my "other" email address - it worked. 

I'm so glad, because I really like PlayMaker, (even though I have not had the privilege of using it, personally).  But, what I have seen makes me happy.  It is simpler to use than anything I have investigated, (2D or 3D).

I can't vouch for forum response time - but that probably just means that Alex is quite busy, at the moment.

I did discover one other user that posted a formal message about having precisely the same problem with the Unity Asset Store - so, this, apparently is no fluke.

Lost sales - Oh my!

Psmith

tobbeo

• 1.2 Beta
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2011, 12:30:55 AM »
Welcome aboard :). I think Alex and crew are very busy getting 1.2 out and the store seems to be a Unity issue that they will need to inquire about. Can't just be Playmaker right? I mean they just submit their version, then it's approved and then the Unity Store system is supposed to handle the rest. It's seemed a bit buggy to me from to time (the store).

In another recent post someone mentioned they've been doing video tutorials so that will be a great place to start. I love playmaker. It needs to grow a bit IMO but it's already a very powerful system. I haven't written a line of code since I got it! (I was a terrible, slow coder).

Psmith

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2011, 03:17:24 PM »
Tobbeo:

I'd buy PlayMaker training videos, for sure.  And, now that the store has finally accepted my plea to buy from it, I'll bet it would allow me to do it.

It's definitely a store bug and has nothing to do with PlayMaker.  All this stuff happened just trying to set up an account.  Maybe the bug lies in selecting an item to purchase without first having set up an account.  But, I couldn't find the application to do so until I had clicked on the "Buy PlayMaker" button.

If Unity staff ever gets their store to mimic the "one click" purchasing style of the Apple App Store, they'll reap untold gold. (Impulse buying is the American way).

Psmith

tobbeo

• 1.2 Beta
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2011, 05:23:12 PM »
Fully agree, Unity really needs to get on it and fix the store. If I was Alex and crew I would complain as they're probably loosing sails. Apple store, android market etc. is the way it should work.