playMaker

Author Topic: Arraymaker to count number of Photon players  (Read 12927 times)

markfrancombe

Re: Arraymaker to count number of Photon players
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2013, 03:14:25 AM »
I don't think you can use random room, since I am not sure how random room will pick rooms that are constraint to 2 player, or is it a case where room have no limits?

OK Good to know.. won't try that then... :)

However I mocked up the naming by date thing and it worked flawlessly, and thats fine, theres no reason for the rooms to increment really anyway, if a room is completely left by all players, I guess the master is destroyed and so is the room, so that tidys up that a bit.
Im not completely finished though, I have a little bug where every player creates a new room ha ha... but I have confirmed that every room has a unique name, and its just that Im not creating the new room correctly somehow... I did this on my CREATE OR JOIN FSM where i was testing if there was a room yet, if not create, if there was then join... I simply added a test for if there was 4 players yet, if there was create a new room instead of joining... I think this is a bit wrong, but will have to figure out how...

(God I really wish there was a way to simply post a screeny of all my stuff in one huge pic!!)

markfrancombe

« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2013, 05:19:25 AM »
ArrayListGetRandom is a action shipped with ArrayMaker, search for it like a regular action, in the action browser.

Definately dont have it... I checked the ArrayMaker Readme, version is 0.9

Should I have it?

markfrancombe

« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2013, 06:04:47 AM »
OK Now my problem is that where I was giving the Room Name a hardcoded name, now I generate one using the date.
When I Create a Room it gets the date as a Room Name, The next client DOES NOW Try to Join, but doesnt know the RoomName. I set the Generated Room Name as a variable, and assumed the variable would travel thru Photon ...WROONG of course, different client...
BUT Surly if I generate a name, THEN Create a Room by that name, THEN on the Join Room Route, I SHOULD be able to retrieve that name by Photon Network Get Room Properties??
SO I tried adding that, just before the JOIN ROOM Button, Saved the Room Name as CurrentRoom, and used CurrentRoom in the Photon Network Join Room action.

BUT... Im getting blank field, and a fail, "Room aborted, You must specify a room name" So its not getting that name from Photon...

What now? How to maintain a dynamic name?

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2013, 06:08:31 AM »
Hi,

the room listing is available for anyone in the lobby ( not in a room but connected to to photon), so your room is accessible for sure. I made a custom action that lists all rooms in a gui list, you can see this in the demo, but for your case, you would need to go through that list and check the name and properties, and that's something needed indeed, so I made action to do that, It's not yet in the official bundle, but will be in the next playmaker update.

As for the arrayLsit get random, not sure why it's not there... I have some pending work to do on arrayMaker too, so please find that action also attached here, I will make an update and make sure it's there then.

Bye,

Jean

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2013, 06:53:08 AM »
Hi,

good news! I am currently updating the playmaker actions with the latest photon and guess what I found something very cool for you!!

if you pass null to the room creation, it assigns a unique room name to it :) so forget about managing room names if you only requires unique names!!

also, in your case, you will likely not want to join the lobby in the first place and some new stuff came up as well, where you can set photon to not joint the lobby in the first place, you can still have room list and create join random rooms.

So, hang on, an update will come soon with all these goodies.

Bye,

Jean

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2013, 07:12:06 AM »
Hi,

One more thing. I will also make available the ability to set custom properties to players, so your idea of assigning roles to player will be perfect for this since that custom property will be available for everyone to check on this.

Looking good!!

Bye,

Jean

markfrancombe

« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2013, 04:36:18 PM »
Nice! Nice! Nice!!!

Thanks Jean for all your help... hanging on...! :)

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2013, 01:57:20 AM »
Hi,

you are welcomed, I am very much in need of similar features as your game, so really excited about my next update on photon. Quite a lot of work ahead but it will be very good.

Bye,

Jean

markfrancombe

« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2013, 04:20:41 PM »
Not wanting to poke you Jean, but just wondering how you are getting along with this. Ive been concentrating totally on Art these few weeks since the last post on this thread... but now I'm itching to know how you got on?

Mark

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2013, 08:50:06 AM »
Hi,

By all mean, please bump and request feedback on features. Basically we are on the case, but few issues are in the way prior this.

-- There is an issue with event broadcasting, we are still not sure why, but previous version where working fine, but the latest iteration of PUN and playmaker expose a bug when joining a room because it seems the broadcast event call is performed too late and mess the flow of data
-- FsmVar has a small gui glitch which prevent arrays of vars for room proeprties and player properties ( but that's not a show stopper)

so I don't think it will make it for the next release, but the one after. In all cases, I will release the packages as soon as we reach a stable version, before it gets in the asset store.

bye,

Jean

markfrancombe

« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2013, 01:05:24 PM »
Hi Jean, Im just bumping a bump!

Any news on the Photon stuff?
Maybe I missed any announcements?

Mark

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2013, 01:21:30 AM »
Hi,

1.6.1 is out and photon had a real treat, so room and player properties are in as well as few more advanced features ( connecting with manual settings, disconnecting, lobby behavior, etc).

bye,

Jean

markfrancombe

« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2013, 04:28:20 PM »
Where is it? Included in the new 1.6.1PlayMaker? Is there explanation of the new features any place?

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2013, 02:47:17 AM »
Hi,

You are correct, I should do a proper notification of release content. Let me work on this. Should be available this afternoon.

bye,

Jean