playMaker

Author Topic: Conceptualize GUI setup help...  (Read 2279 times)

Adam Z

Conceptualize GUI setup help...
« on: February 12, 2013, 12:50:59 PM »
Im working on a Character Creator and I would like some help to conceptualize on how to build certain functionality using PlayMaker.  I would like 2 sliders, one for "strength" and one for "speed".  When you slide either or, the other would get effected.  Say they have a value of 10, and they both start off at 5. When I slide the "Strength" to 7, the "Speed" slider would show a 3.

I have two Float variables, one for speed and strength.  What would I use to get the adding/subtracting functionality? Also, I would like to store those globally, so after character creation those numbers would translate into the character controller in-game, for speed as an example.

Any thoughts would be appreciated! And if anyone has some good vids to check out to learn this a bit better, please share the links!

Thanks!

Adam Z

Re: Conceptualize GUI setup help...
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2013, 12:05:54 PM »
Anyone?

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
Re: Conceptualize GUI setup help...
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2013, 01:16:26 PM »
You can make global float variables so any FSM can access them.

Then use math actions to establish the relationship between the variables. Select the Math category in the Action Browser.

Hint: Check Debug in the State Inspector to see variable values. Also in the Globals window, use the Settings menu (the cog icon) and check Debug Variable Values. This will help you debug the math while you're setting it up...