playMaker

Author Topic: A question about "Run FSM."  (Read 3055 times)

Red

A question about "Run FSM."
« on: February 20, 2013, 12:32:15 PM »
When using multiple instances of that action in one state (say, a "i'm done with this setup, now to get on with the show" catcher like i have some FSM systems do) do they run in concert at the same time or is it only a "one at a time" thing?

reason i ask is that it would further streamline a lot of my systems if i can have things like the movement system, the GUI system, the "button monitor" system and all sorts of others being accessed from the main setup system that only ever needs to fire once.

So, yeah... one at a time or all at once?

And also, how would working with the "Get/Set FSM" actions work with instantiated FSM templates with the "Run FSM" system?

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
Re: A question about "Run FSM."
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2013, 02:16:00 PM »
The FSMs will all run every frame, from top to bottom, until finished. They should behave like any other action. So, for example, if you need one FSM to finish before the next one starts, they should be in different states.

I'm not at my computer to check if it made it into the release yet, but there will be a new Get/Set FSM variables action that supports sub FSMs... It will use the new generic FsmVar so it will be a single action instead of one for each variable type...If it's not in the release I'll post it here or in the 1.5.3 update.