playMaker

Author Topic: TargetPro Demo scene  (Read 3967 times)

Addi

• Playmaker Newbie
TargetPro Demo scene
« on: March 05, 2013, 05:25:03 PM »
I'm having an issue with the playmaker demo scene for TargetPro where the turret just refuses to look at the target when placed within range, it will fire when the target is placed in line of sight but will not track at all.

I'm wondering if the scene is just out of date or if this is something my end, can anyone test out the demo scene? Its tricky for me to understand the workflow of the actions and proxy without a working example.

(package take from here)
https://hutonggames.fogbugz.com/default.asp?W993

I'm on Unity Version 4.0.1f2
Playmaker 1.4.4f3
and the latest target pro too.

Thanks   :)

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: TargetPro Demo scene
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2013, 09:28:20 AM »
Hi,

I will have to make an update on target pro, together with pool manager.

Is the playmaker scene provided with the package works?

Given your description, it's likely that you are indeed missing something, like the logic to rotate the turret to look at the target when in range.

bye,

Jean

Addi

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2013, 08:36:09 PM »
Yes, it's missing something but I'm not sure what. On the TurretY & TurretX (Playmaker example) it has a Mono Behaviour that is Missing a mono script.

Looking at the prefab example that came with TargetPro it is using a 'Smooth Look at Constraint' but after applying this to the turret in the playmaker example it still won't rotate to find the enemy, the states tick over in the FSM but nothing happens.

So I checked the 'point at the target' state and it has a Set Property action for TurretY and TurretX but the property is empty (from the script not loading correctly I guess) could this be the problem? any idea what goes here?

Thanks for looking at this  ;D

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2013, 09:12:44 AM »
Hi,

I updated the package double checking with the latest version on the asset store, and all works ok, I also modified the demo scene to be more effective.

If you still have this problem you mention, can you send me the scene? I will then have a look at it.

bye,

Jean

Andys

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2013, 09:46:49 AM »
Did this get sorted, im having the same problem
Thanks

Andy

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2013, 12:46:20 AM »
Hi,

I haven't heard back, and as far as my testing, everything is ok.

bye,

Jean

Addi

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2013, 06:30:55 PM »
Hey sorry for the late reply and thanks, but still having lots of problems with this. I'm encountering this compile error however when I try to play the scene...

Assets/PlayMaker TargetPro/Actions/ArrayMaker/TargetProGetTargetList.cs(13,47): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `ArrayListActions' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

I imported the ArrayMaker.unitypackage from wiki thinking it may fix the issue but then I see this error.

Assets/PlayMaker Utils/PlayMakerUtils.cs(25,14): error CS0101: The namespace `global::' already contains a definition for `PlayMakerUtils'

I found a duplicate of PlayMakerUtils.cs and deleted that, replacing it with the latest file which removed this error.

But when I open the demo scene or place the prefabs in an empty scene I'm still missing mono behaviours  :'(

I can pm you the project and scene if you have time to look at this?
thanks.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2013, 05:45:29 AM »
Hi,

ok, send me the project, I 'll have a look.

bye,

Jean