playMaker

Author Topic: PlayerPrefs and Keys  (Read 3830 times)

artician

• 1.2 Beta
PlayerPrefs and Keys
« on: June 14, 2011, 04:07:49 PM »
I'm having trouble understanding the usage of PlayerPrefs in the context of saving data between game sessions.

I've read all material between the unity reference docs, playmaker docs, and both forums, but I haven't found an answer concerning how to create keys.  I may be approaching this incorrectly, but mostly I want to know how to create a Key.  I only see actions for deleting them, and checking if they exist.

I've found no material that discusses how keys are made, what they're used for, etc.  Do I just entirely misunderstand the concept?

As always, thank you for any help on the subject!

LordShaggy

• 1.2 Beta
  • Junior Playmaker
Re: PlayerPrefs and Keys
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2011, 11:50:52 PM »
It's your lucky day, I have been figuring out exactly how to use those things =D.

I will make a vid prob tomorrow about it, sadly someone has been assaulting our site and so our handy tutorials can not be shared.

tobbeo

• 1.2 Beta
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2011, 12:02:29 AM »
What's up with all the hacking lately... Sony, Epic, Nintendo, Bethesda, Eve Online... the list goes on and on. Bunch of losers. I have to stop myself before I get too into it but I really have a strong dislike for hackers. You're never justified in hurting someone else just because you share different opinions.

MaDDoX

• 1.2 Beta
    • FluidPlay Studios
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2011, 09:33:21 AM »
You're never justified in hurting someone else just because you share different opinions.
Or, like in this case, just to show you can.

After all, who the hell is "you", mr. unnamed? And worst still, who cares, your two virtual online hacker friends? -_-
--
Breno "MaDDoX" Azevedo
@brenoazevedo

LordShaggy

• 1.2 Beta
  • Junior Playmaker
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2011, 11:03:47 AM »
As far as KEY generation goes.  That's up to you man, do you want to random check... or do like a 64 bit key generator that removes the ability to make that key after it's made.  Whatever you wanna do that's up to you. As long as the key is unique when you make it is what matters.