playMaker

Author Topic: My OneGameAMonth Showcase Thread  (Read 23099 times)

Flying Robot

• Od ton yebo redro
    • Flying Robot Studios
Re: My OneGameAMonth Showcase Thread
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2013, 03:51:43 AM »
Started work on this months Kit

It'll be a Match 3 game kit. Drop any ideas of match 3 gameplay variations here.

WebPlayer

Appood

• Playmaker Newbie
    • http://www.hermitagejewelers.com/sell-rolex.aspx
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2013, 04:33:21 AM »
Nice work on through. It was good

gamedivision

« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2013, 02:07:25 PM »
just bought wheelie town heroes,cant wait to try it out thank you for releasing these its great stuff.
on a side note any chance of integrating NGUI
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 02:11:54 PM by gamedivision »

Flying Robot

• Od ton yebo redro
    • Flying Robot Studios
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2013, 02:33:40 AM »
Hey, thanks for purchasing!

NGUI integration is a nice idea. And most logical one. Please drop by my forum (forum.flyingrobotstudios.com) and submit the idea in the private Wheelie Town Heroes forum. Will start working on it very soon.

JieAlan

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2013, 11:07:16 AM »
I must say ,this is really cool!
I love all of your jobs! :)

play_edu

« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2013, 06:21:42 AM »
great work man,

ryanavent

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2013, 05:06:06 PM »
have you thought about creating a tutorial that shows how the same game builds on different resolution screens e.g iphone 4 iphone 5 and ipad ad resizes correctly?

Flying Robot

• Od ton yebo redro
    • Flying Robot Studios
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2013, 08:34:41 AM »
Nice Idea. I think I'll include this in my next kit. Anyway you can dig the current mobile kits to get an idea of responsive GUIs for mobiles.

BTW, two more kits got released just now! You might want to take a look.

gamedivision

« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2013, 01:05:15 PM »
I'd really appreciate an inventory kit using arraymaker,I'm trying one at the moment but it's proving very diffecult.

Flying Robot

• Od ton yebo redro
    • Flying Robot Studios
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2013, 12:37:41 AM »
I already got this queued as a RPG PlayMaker Kit. Which will come with the inventory system.

However it's halted right now, as I don't want to proceed with the current Unity GUI. It's too heavy for mobiles. Also, I'm reluctant to make it dependent on NGUI. I'm waiting for Unity 4.3 to come up with some native sprite based GUI support. I hope to finish that kit with that.

In the meanwhile please let me know what's troubling you in creating the inventory system.

gamedivision

« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2013, 03:37:59 AM »
I'm actually using the tutorial that holyfingers posted,but a few things arnt that clear I've already asked a few questions and I don't want to become a burden on people,at the moment I've managed to store the object into a array when you touch it,it stores itself into that array, also removes itself from the screen ok,now I understand what is happening,now it's getting the 2d icon to show at the bottom of the screen,and I'm pretty sure putting it back is easy and removing it from the array list,also controlling the items within the array list so when I add an item it drops in place when I use an item they all move down the slots.i can see all the coding but not being able to understand it is another thing,I kinda took some time out of playmaker to concentrate on my art but I'm back in the seat now.
http://www.holyfingers.co.uk/main/blog/2013/08/27/whats-in-the-box/#more-2067

Thanks

I already got this queued as a RPG PlayMaker Kit. Which will come with the inventory system.

However it's halted right now, as I don't want to proceed with the current Unity GUI. It's too heavy for mobiles. Also, I'm reluctant to make it dependent on NGUI. I'm waiting for Unity 4.3 to come up with some native sprite based GUI support. I hope to finish that kit with that.

In the meanwhile please let me know what's troubling you in creating the inventory system.

Flying Robot

• Od ton yebo redro
    • Flying Robot Studios
« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2013, 05:29:04 AM »
You see for an inventory two array operations are essential.

1. To remove an item at an index and the other items of the list will shift up. You can do this with Array List Remove At action.

2. To insert(add) an item at an index and the other items of the list will shift down. However there's no action for that, so I thought of creating one

http://hutonggames.com/playmakerforum/index.php?topic=5146.0

Use these two actions for your operations. And as you've already sorted out the connectivity with the GUI rest should fall in place.

Cheers :).

gamedivision

« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2013, 10:29:28 AM »
that's great thank you very much
I haven't really set up the connection with the GUI only with the item being saved into the array list,im still not sure on showing the 2d icon at the bottom of the screen to correspond with the item collected,i was thinking of maybe placing 8 boxes at the bottom of the screen deactivating the mesh renderer,so place holders as such,logging those positions then theoretically pushing the 2d images to each of those place holders.
talking is easy doing is another animal all together
You see for an inventory two array operations are essential.

1. To remove an item at an index and the other items of the list will shift up. You can do this with Array List Remove At action.

2. To insert(add) an item at an index and the other items of the list will shift down. However there's no action for that, so I thought of creating one

http://hutonggames.com/playmakerforum/index.php?topic=5146.0

Use these two actions for your operations. And as you've already sorted out the connectivity with the GUI rest should fall in place.

Cheers :).

Flying Robot

• Od ton yebo redro
    • Flying Robot Studios
« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2013, 01:42:07 AM »
You can use NGUI, it got some nifty tables and grid stuff for these kind of usage.

I'll definitely have something like this featured in the upcoming RPG kit.