playMaker

Author Topic: Int Subtract  (Read 4386 times)

FritsLyn

Int Subtract
« on: July 06, 2013, 08:15:27 PM »
Int Subtract

Would be nice if all variable types just had all the options. When working with variables it's not that easy to just set Add to - ;)

escpodgames

• Assets
Re: Int Subtract
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2013, 11:07:26 PM »
IntSubtract :D

Just a quick edit to the IntAdd action ... left the HutongGames copyright on it as I didn't change anything more than 2 '+' symbols to '-' symbols and 'add' to 'subtract' where needed.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 11:16:44 PM by LampRabbit »

FritsLyn

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2013, 07:31:22 AM »
Thanks a bunch, Rabbit :)

This also happened last time I was making a similar request - I think it was Vector3 subtract or something.

It's very kind of you, and I can import it - but next time I start a new project it's no longer there. And next time someone need it, they will have to find it in here.

point being: I think these standard math-thingeys should be part of the basic package.

But thanks again, it was very nice of you :)

escpodgames

• Assets
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2013, 09:09:13 AM »
There are a lot of actions that I have to hunt down and add to new projects ... I have started to make a folder of all the actions I find here but yeah I get your point.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2013, 02:18:11 AM »
Hi,

Yes, always organize your custom actions into a specific folder, and do that consistently. then you can quickly get them back from projects to projects. For me this is less of a problem, I have them all  under one project for maintenace  ;D

So, create a folder "PlayMaker Custom Action" and under it also create sub folders named after action categories. It may seem like that extra step, but it's really a time saver if you have a lot of different projects going on. AND it's very quick to see at a glance what you have and all.

bye,

Jean