playMaker

Author Topic: Camera Triggers  (Read 6086 times)

Segura

• Playmaker Newbie
Camera Triggers
« on: March 18, 2013, 10:18:13 AM »
Hi, So ive set up some static cameras around my map, and a trigger to switch the camera when the player enters the trigger(oldschool resident evil type cameras)

i have 3 triggers/cameras in the room, 1. LeftsideCam 2. RightsideCam 3. BoxCam

I start of in LeftsideCam and if i were to walk over to BoxCam trigger, it will activate RightsideCam instead, and then when i walk out of the trigger and back in, it will play the BoxCam, so im guessing its working like 1 2 3 instead of 1 3 2, why isn't it using the cameras that its supposed to cut to?

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Camera Triggers
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2013, 01:39:43 AM »
Hi,

likely because you are not referencing them properly, you might have mixed up 3 and 2 in your variable assignement.

OR, your colliders are not set up properly and indeed you think your player goes into a certain area, where actually, it's another trigger that you have here.

bye,

Jean

Segura

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2013, 10:39:35 AM »
Hi,

likely because you are not referencing them properly, you might have mixed up 3 and 2 in your variable assignement.

OR, your colliders are not set up properly and indeed you think your player goes into a certain area, where actually, it's another trigger that you have here.

bye,

Jean

Well the triggers are setup correctly, it was working fine before, and now it doesnt, I was working on something unrelated to cameras, i made the cameras first and havent touched them since, bugs like this keep happening and its really annoying, the trigger is setup correctly and so is the camera, it should be working find, its a pretty simple script and should have any problems, is there another way i could make this?
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 10:47:42 AM by Segura »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2013, 02:52:02 AM »
Hi,

Not really I am afraid. You need to debug it, this is a good way to learn. disable on of your camera, play it, and see if it works ok, then disable another one, etc until you pin point the issue. Also, don't forget that playmaker can go back in time so you can see exactly when and how events are fired, so play the scene, when you get to the bug, pause the game and use the debug flow to find out where ti went wrong.

bye,

Jean

Segura

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2013, 09:46:45 AM »

This is what the scene looks like. the top right box is T_LeftSide, top right is T_Bed and the bottom trigger is T_RightSide

This is the FSM i'm using for the triggers, using the correct cameras for each trigger

I start off in T_LeftSide, and when i enter T_Bed it will activate C_RightSide, but when i walk out of the T_Bed trigger and re enter it, it activates C_bed. am i missing something? is it somehow overriding the triggers?

the FSM isnt activating for T_RightSide when im walking into the T_Bed trigger while im playing, but still it switches to the C_RightSide

the reason its doing this is because i created the cameras like this: first cam being C_LeftSide, second cam being C_RightSide and last cam was C_Bed, so it cuts to the next camera i made, instead of the camera its assigned to

once the C_RightSide camera has been activated the triggers work fine after that, but the first trigger i enter will always activate the second camera i created for the scene
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 09:56:47 AM by Segura »

Segura

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2013, 10:36:07 AM »
I added an extra camera, and it has the same bug... when i build and run the cameras are all messed up, can you tell me another way of making these cameras work, because this is definitely not working, when i build and run it it activates the last camera i created, and then i have to walk out of the trigger i spawn in and walk back in to activate the first camera. i cant get anything working with playmaker

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2013, 01:10:33 AM »
Hi,

Can you send me a package? I 'll have a look,

bye,

Jean

Segura

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2013, 04:07:43 AM »
Hi,

Can you send me a package? I 'll have a look,

bye,

Jean

I sent you a PM

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2013, 07:34:34 AM »
Hi,

ok, triggers work fine, what exactly is your problem in this scene? what trigger? Is it a problem of controlling the character more than triggers?

bye,

Jean

Segura

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2013, 09:49:07 AM »
Read what i said, its not working at all for me... forget it

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2013, 03:12:56 AM »
Hi,

Found it, it's because you need to set C_typeWrite tag to "MainCamera".

you should update playmaker as well, your version is very old.

bye,

Jean

odd29

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2015, 05:02:43 AM »
Same Problem for me :-(.

Ive created an old school resident evil scene with the newest unity and newest playmaker Version.
ive created 7 Cameras and 7 Triggers like in a youtube tutorial.
The first two triggers acting correct but when my player model reaches trigger 3 a wrong camera is activating. Then im moving my character back to trigger 2 and again to trigger 3 and then the camera is correct.
dont know whats wrong and why the trigger is activating the right camera only after activating the trigger the second time :-(