playMaker

Author Topic: Slight slow down when I continuously tap on my iPod touch 2G [Solved]  (Read 3650 times)

tofusoup

• Playmaker Newbie
First, this slow down i'm seeing is only on iPod Touch 2G.  But yea I know iPod Touch 2G is a bit dated :), but I thought I use that as my benchmark.

So obviously I'm tapping on my device and triggering the FSM super fast.  

The problem is my game involves you tapping to keep your character up in the air.  If you hold down longer you gain more acceleration, but at some points of the game you want to tap, or tap multiple times to do small bursts of acceleration to avoid obstacles.

So the problem is when I'm tapping in succession you can feel a slight slowdown.  In profiler on my mac, PM is always around 10-20%.  Though I've seen a spike on GC.Collect spike up to 82.5%.  I read there is a fix coming for the GC.

Anyways I know what my problem is but I can't seem to find a solution to work my state machines to make them more efficient.

Just seeing if anyone has some suggestions.  

BTW it works fine on iPod Touch 4G.

« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 11:57:11 PM by tofusoup »

giyomu

• 1.2 Beta
    • blog
Re: Slight slow down when I continuously tap on my iPod touch 2G
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2011, 11:09:47 PM »
not sure he has to be with PM , because once upon a time i was doing stuff and test on 3g, a simple intensive tap on screen or touch move was slowing down the fps, even without doing anything or call any function.

tofusoup

• Playmaker Newbie
Alex let me test out 1.2 and like magic it's fixed!

thanks!

LordShaggy

• 1.2 Beta
  • Junior Playmaker
I can't wait to test out 1.2. I just need to finish my current project project. =D  BTW Alex is made of awesome! hehe