playMaker

Author Topic: Focus Taken Away and No Delete  (Read 2593 times)

FractalCore

• 1.2 Beta
Focus Taken Away and No Delete
« on: March 31, 2013, 05:26:27 AM »
There's a new issue I've noticed recently. When I add a new Send Event By Name action, and try to type in the red area where it requires text... After one letter it takes focus away and I'm not typing any more letters.

It happens on other actions too, I can't remember which ones. I assume it might be any with the red warning about needing text.

It might seem minor but it gets really frustrating to type away not looking at the monitor, hit space and get Playmaker taking up the whole screen (standard Unity maximize operation).

And it illuminates another bug that's been there for as long as I can remember... Try deleting the action after it takes focus away. You can't, you have to deselect the State and select it again before it will let you delete ANY actions inside it.

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
Re: Focus Taken Away and No Delete
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2013, 01:53:30 PM »
Yeah the focus bug is annoying. I think GUILayout gets confused about which control has focus, but I haven't figured out a workaround yet. The UnityEditor API is a bit lacking when it comes to controlling focus...

If it gets really annoying, you could turn off real time error checking, and just refresh the errors when you need to.

The other bug I haven't heard about before. I'll try to repro here...

FractalCore

• 1.2 Beta
Re: Focus Taken Away and No Delete
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2013, 06:09:04 PM »
I turned off just the error checking for Required Action Fields, which fixes it, thanks. Hope that doesn't cause other issues, I think I'm good enough at filling in the required fields on the actions I use.

The not deleting bug happens mostly when you click in a field to enter text, and then try deleting the action or any other actions. If you press enter to accept the typed changes they should delete just fine. But it doesn't always work and the only way I've found to fix it, is to do the state deselect/reselect thing.

Just add a Send Event By Name action, click in the Send Event text field (no need to type anything), then try deleting the action. Happens every time.

Clicking on the action name bar at the top of each action (so you can delete it) should take focus away from the text field, currently it doesn't. That might be enough to fix it.

See my example image. Name bar is blue after being clicked on but text field still has cursor line.