playMaker

Author Topic: A major error when compiling other scripts [SOLVED]  (Read 4935 times)

CoderBear

• Playmaker Newbie
A major error when compiling other scripts [SOLVED]
« on: April 03, 2013, 01:15:13 PM »
This is the error I keep getting repeatedly when compiling my other scripts.

c:\Users\Unity Realm\Documents\AAUnity\Assets\PlayMaker\Actions\EnableFSM.cs(24,24): Error CS0012: The type 'UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour' is defined in an assembly that is not referenced. You must add a reference to assembly 'UnityEngine, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. (CS0012) (Assembly-CSharp)

It is rather shocking that that error could go unoticed on a recent release for a paid product.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 05:06:56 PM by Alex Chouls »

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
Re: A major error when compiling other scripts
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2013, 08:55:42 PM »
Are you using Unity 4.1.1 by any chance? That update broke a lot of asset store products and was pulled by Unity. You should upgrade to 4.1.2. If this error is still in 4.1.2 you should downgrade to 4.1. Unity seems to be having some QA issues with 4.1.x updates...

It is rather shocking that that error could go unoticed on a recent release for a paid product.

I believe in this case you should direct this at Unity.

Playmaker has extensive beta testing and automated tests it has to pass before we release an update. Then again so does Unity. Sometimes shit happens :/

CoderBear

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: A major error when compiling other scripts
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2013, 04:13:54 PM »
I did recently update to 4.1.2 as suggested and just installed your update today.  Now everything is peachy.  Thank you kindly.