playMaker

Author Topic: Animate Float wrap modes being ignored  (Read 3051 times)

ElBueno

• Playmaker Newbie
Animate Float wrap modes being ignored
« on: April 03, 2013, 02:28:23 PM »
I'm having an issue with Animate Float. When I use it outside of a template, the wrap mode I set on my animation curve is read correctly. However, when I use Animate Float inside of a template using RunFSM, the wrap mode is always ClampForever, no matter what I set in my curve.

It's worth noting that this also occurs when I use Animate Float V2, whether it's in a template or not.

I set a breakpoint at line 47 of AnimateFloat.cs, where the "looping" bool is set based on the value of AnimationCurve.postWrapMode. postWrapMode is always equal to ClampForever. Is this a problem with Unity or with Playmaker?

I'm using Playmaker 1.5.4 inside of Unity 3.5.7.

ElBueno

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Animate Float wrap modes being ignored
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2013, 02:47:29 PM »
Just a little update: I've hacked a solution by manually setting AnimationCurve.wrapMode to Loop before it's being read in AnimateFloat.cs. I now get the behavior I want, but it's obviously not a long term solution. :)

ElBueno

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2013, 02:23:18 PM »
Pardon the necro. I just picked up the project I was having this issue in again for the first time in a few months. The issue still exists in PlayMaker 1.7.5 with Unity 4.3.

I'm having an issue with Animate Float. When I use it outside of a template, the wrap mode I set on my animation curve is read correctly. However, when I use Animate Float inside of a template using RunFSM, the wrap mode is always ClampForever, no matter what I set in my curve.

More details in my original post.

Has anyone else experienced this at all?

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2013, 07:08:58 AM »
Hi,

Thanks for getting back to this, we missed your post somehow.

Have you filed a bug on this already? if not, can you do so, we will then better keep track of this and study if this is something we can fix on PlayMaker End.

bye,

Jean

ElBueno

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2013, 12:37:12 PM »
I have not. I'll take care of that now. Thanks!