playMaker

Author Topic: Hi,really need help here about load level and prefabs  (Read 3544 times)

lolonoa

• Playmaker Newbie
Hi,really need help here about load level and prefabs
« on: April 11, 2013, 01:28:06 PM »
Hi, my savers, I am trying to make a project which has the same sence which all the buttons and GUI are the same except the text and the object in the sence, I want to load the same sence but it will auto load the different object when I press the different button,it looks like, when I press button1, it will load the sence and the sence will get the Object1, and then when I press button2, it will load the same sence, but it will destroy Object1 and load Object2, can I do that in playmaker? And how can I achieve that, thanyou, my savers. Love you,guys!!!

PolyMad

Re: Hi,really need help here about load level and prefabs
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2013, 03:08:34 PM »
I'm afraid you will have to learn to use PlayMaker because nobody wants to code for anybody else for free... especially when you have such an intuitive and powerful visual coding instrument.

One thing is help somebody in troubles, totally another thing is asking to make stuff from scratch.

lolonoa

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2013, 10:33:47 PM »
Thanks anyway, I know what you said, and I am learning, but I need a clue to do this, because, I have no idea where to start, just a tell me how to start.

PolyMad

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2013, 02:06:43 AM »
Start with the tutorial videos, like I did.
It needed one afternoon to watch them and begin.
Then some days to be accustomed with the whole thing and start production.
You can't avoid this  ;D

markfrancombe

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2013, 06:00:45 AM »
Hi lolonoa,

I think megmaltese got out the wrong side of the bed this morning! There nothing wrong with you posting what you want to do, and hoping someone can help! So dont be disheartened. The only problem is that I have read your question a few times and I can't really understand it.

When you say sense, you mean Scene?
You have two buttons, on the screen?
You have 1 object in the scene? Or 2?
If you press 1 button, one object is destroyed (you mean REMOVED, from the scene, or actually BLOWN TO SMITHEREENS? with a bomb?)

Is this right? Can you describe your game?

Anyway, I suppose as a start you need to get those buttons on the screen. So look at the GUI actions, thats a start for you right there. The you need to learn/understand how to create an event, and how to transition to another state. Your buttons will be in one state, and when you press, you use a transition to take you to another state, where your destruction happens...

Hope this helps a bit...
Remember...
"Making a game is like playing a game!"

mark

PolyMad

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2013, 07:28:36 AM »
Mh, I'm sorry but I'm sure I got down on the right side of the bed.
Not that I want to quarrel or anything, but just think on it: what are tutorials meant for?

If nobody watches tutorials, we'll have the forum full of threads like this.
That's the reason why I suggested him to watch the tutorials first of all.

Because if he has no clue of how PM works, it will take pages to even tell him what to do.
But if you want to take the task on your shoulders, you are surely welcome.

This doesn't mean it's the "right way" to learn the use of a tool.
I didn't come here after downloading PM and ask how to put a button on screen.
I started with the tutorial and in just ONE AFTERNOON I knew a lot without bothering anybody.
If every new user starts with a thread like this here, instead than watching tutorials, then the name of this forum can be changed from HELP to TEACHING FROM BASIS.

Books are there for a reason.
As well as tutorials are there for a reason.
Hope this thaught something to somebody.

No bad feelings, but this is how I think and this is, OBJECTIVELY, how it works.
If you feel like a good samaritan and want to help anyway, that's cool, but please don't say I dropped on the wrong side of the bed, thank you.

markfrancombe

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2013, 09:13:42 AM »
Hi megmaltese,

If you wanna go on discussing this we should take it of this thread. Ill just make a short comment.
Totally take your points, but i didnt get anything from his thread apart from his forum status of "Newbie", but thats only newbie on this forum, not in real-life! He is taking about loading levels and prefabs and stuff, so hes no Newbie, And his question was "confusing" in the way he expressed his problem, I suspect hes a non-English speaker and Google Translated this, but not a stupid question... I think...
Of course people should do the tutorials, but more importantly, they should strive to make the forums a searchable place for answers, for later users. When I receive help from this forum, I always update the thread as to its success or not, I always mark as SOLVED when done... etc...

Ooops turned out not to be so short...

:)

Mark