playMaker

Author Topic: Issue with Controller Simple Move  (Read 1807 times)

jrawkus2

• Playmaker Newbie
Issue with Controller Simple Move
« on: April 14, 2013, 12:40:18 PM »
Hi Guys,

I've search the forum and cant entirely find an answer to the issue im having, here goes.

I've got an FSM that sends an event on Left Click, this then sets the position of an Empty game object at the click point (a simple waypoint) the a command is broadcast to the Player Object - at the moment i have it perform a move towards/smooth look at (which works nicely) albeit from ignoring collisions.

In an attempt to get a more natural looking movement I've attempted to swap out the move towards for a character controller move action. I've set up the waypoint with a sphere collider that triggers a collision event to stop the movements, and even captured its vector3 to supply the simple move a vector to travel along.

My issue is that when im clicking the waypoint is generated, the game object will look at the waypoint, but the controller simple move will send the object shooting of into space, or preforming very oddly. I'm confident that the logic is set up correctly and cannot for the life of understand why the controller simple move isnt performing as it should?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!