playMaker

Author Topic: equations  (Read 3395 times)

Maart

• Junior Playmaker
equations
« on: April 28, 2013, 05:45:51 AM »
I would love to see an equation or function action, where i would get a couple of variables like A B & C, and write an equation like (A * B) - C and get the result stored in a variable.

or some thing like (A * B) = C and get a bool value result for true or not.

I know I can do this already using multiple actions but I think it's nice to be able to do this in a custom action.

Lane

• Administrator
  • Mender of the past
    • Cleverous
Re: equations
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2013, 09:16:39 AM »
 It may work by having a number of elements choice field that you can full with variables or numbers and the same you're below but choosing whether it is add, sub, divide,etc

would be super handy for sure.
Products by Cleverous
|| Vault Core : Database
|| Vault Inventory : Multiplayer Inventory
|| Vault Attributes : Character Stats
|| That Hurt! : Dmg Floaties
|| Quinn : 3D

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2013, 02:43:23 AM »
Hi,

Yes, I really would like this too, but first, we need to find a good library to execute scripts are strings, so if you know one that works well at runtime, please share it with us.

bye,

Jean

Lane

• Administrator
  • Mender of the past
    • Cleverous
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2013, 08:53:09 AM »
Hey Jean,

I was thinking about this and wondering if it would be easier to make an action that can help us condense longer basic math.

For instance is it possible to make something like the attached image? It would need to have an option to use the last calculated number and push it forward in the calculation so you dont have to manually store a float result after each process of mult/subtract/divide and could do multiple processes in one action then just store the final result in a variable like myfloat=(100 * floatXY * power / gravityVal) or however that would work.

An action that would do multiple processes like this in one action would save a lot of trouble making new variables, storing them and creating a pile of actions.

I hope that is explained clear, is that possible without string conversion stuff?
Products by Cleverous
|| Vault Core : Database
|| Vault Inventory : Multiplayer Inventory
|| Vault Attributes : Character Stats
|| That Hurt! : Dmg Floaties
|| Quinn : 3D

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2013, 02:08:19 AM »
Hi,

This is a hot topic indeed. There is a javascript runtime system called Jurassic, but I failed so far to make it work properly within PlayMaker, as variables have to be parsed properly. If I find the the right way to do it, this will become very likely feasible.

bye,

Jean