playMaker

Author Topic: [SOLVED] AR Vuforia Action Need !!!  (Read 19230 times)

taforyou

• Playmaker Newbie
[SOLVED] AR Vuforia Action Need !!!
« on: May 08, 2013, 03:54:48 PM »
I'm trying to develop Unity3d With AR Vuforia https://developer.vuforia.com/
Is there any action for playmaker to work with AR Vuforia ?

Thank you
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 12:40:56 AM by taforyou »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: AR Vuforia Action Need !!!
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2013, 02:29:00 AM »
Hi,

I am not aware of any. What kind of feature would like to see exposed?

bye,

Jean

taforyou

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2013, 07:24:08 AM »
Actually i'm not good with scripts at all. According to the sample project of Vuforia. for action "Data set load behavior". i don't know how to change this with my own data(See attach). So i'm asking is there any possible way that i don't have to deal with vuforia script(AR Camera, image target , etc) it might be better if i use playmaker for setup AR camera, image target, etc.

if you think Script for Vuforia is use only for setup process. please tell me and i'll try harder to undersand all script that vuforia provided.

Thank you

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2013, 03:43:18 AM »
Hi,

what data do you want to load into Vuforia? I am not sure what you are trying to achieve here.

bye,

Jean

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2013, 07:13:25 AM »
Hi,

Ok, digged the matter, and I am currently trying to find the right way to do it, it should be available soon.

meanwhile I already started the wiki page with the basic proxy set up that will send you events like "VUFORIA / TRACKING FOUND" and "VUFORIA / TRACKING LOST" for targets.

https://hutonggames.fogbugz.com/default.asp?W1119

bye,

Jean

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2013, 07:26:47 AM »
Hi,

also, to precise on data loading, what you need also is to use their Target Manager system on their developer site.

https://developer.vuforia.com/targetmanager/project/checkDeviceProjectsCreated?dataRequestedForUserId=

this is how you create your own database of targets. It's very easy, and you end up with a package you simply import in your project, then you create the ImageTargets you need using your database, and done.

Is this what you are after?

bye,

Jean

taforyou

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2013, 12:39:47 AM »
This is all that i needed. especially "VUFORIA / TRACKING LOST"

Thank you so much Jean

jrawkus2

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: [SOLVED] AR Vuforia Action Need !!!
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2013, 12:23:45 PM »
Hi,

I wondered if i could ask for some help/guidance with a small issue we are having with the integration of vuforia with playmaker

Currently we have everything setup and working correctly - with Vuforia send events to an FSM signalling tracking Lost / Found, this works as expected,

However we are looking to have two target images in a scene, and have one trigger an FSM to play a video fullscreen - currently we cannot differentiate between target images only whether one is found.

Is there anyway to enable this functionality?

Cheers for all your help

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2013, 01:18:32 AM »
Hi,

it would be good to ask vuforia if it's possible in the first place, if it is, then I can make it happen in playmaker. I know they have multi tracker systems but they likely requires a different configuration since with normal tracker, the camera set up is redirected to the found tracker, so there can not be two at the same time with this set up.

bye,

Jean

pixeltroll

• Playmaker Newbie
    • Augenpulver stuff
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2013, 12:31:47 PM »
I also need some action for vuforia. I am not a programmer all Scripting work i do happens in Playmaker.
for events I programmed still aplications with playmaker und vuforia. but it will be helpfull to have some more functions in playmaker for vuforia. the vuforia engine provides a a user define targets on runtime. I will be able to use that function with some actions. please could anyone script that as an action set?
I will be able to go outside with my tablett test and shot the markers directly in my app without the targetmanager from the vuforia Side.
The action should be able to save targets with definable Name, an other Action should then have the ability to load the user defined Markers into the the imagetargets. Please sai that's possible and not so much work to script that actions :-)

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2013, 02:17:22 AM »
Hi,

I'll see what I can do. I have lots of other pending tasks. so bump me towards the end of this week if you don't hear back from me.

bye,

Jean

nabilfx

Re:AR Vuforia Action Need !!!
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2013, 01:00:19 PM »
How can i configure the Vuforia FSM, to Pause all action including animation (everything) on Image lost, then to resume all the animation an actions on image Found.  Can help me.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2013, 10:29:55 AM »
hi,

You don't actually set vuforia to do that, instead you implement ""VUFORIA / TRACKING LOST" and "VUFORIA / TRACKING FOUND" global event  on your trackers gameObject and then you implement the logic required to pause/enable/disable your objects linked to that tracker.

https://hutonggames.fogbugz.com/default.asp?W1119

bye,

Jean

joduffy

• Here to help
    • Online Playmaker Courses
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2013, 03:39:12 AM »
Hi guys,

I wrote a custom script that will allow you to create virtual buttons with Vuforia in Playmaker.

Please find attached the script and a link to a youtube tutorial on how to use it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfeEGJmeHPg
- Jonathan

Online Playmaker Courses available at:
http://courses.jonathanoduffy.com

“I want the world to be a better place because I was here.”  -  Will Smith

elvis75k

• Beta Group
  • Junior Playmaker
    • nRender
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2014, 11:57:10 AM »
wonder if is all right with vuforia custom actions and ios8.
I ve read some painfull news about ios8 and how camera has changed some methods (something like that), and deprecated some others.
I need to download 2.7 GB update to XCode 6 and then i can test if all is ok; in the meantime i hope that somebody could run a test to see if any issue arise.
I'm also using unity 4.5.4 p1 and running the scene in the editor is working fine.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 02:38:36 PM by elvis75k »