playMaker

Author Topic: Some Float Actions  (Read 1748 times)

Thore

Some Float Actions
« on: July 20, 2019, 04:00:42 PM »
Two of them are just small updates on standard float actions. They allow you to store the result in a separate result value. I would prefer if the standard actions are simply updated (but "backward" compatible), but here are alternatives. This saves the hassle of having to copy them over to a new value to further change them.

Then I also have a new action which translates a float value into a bool. The basic concept is this: you set a float value and threshold values. This gives us three ranges, below the threshold, within the threshold and above the threshold. You can then set the bool value for each, including not changing it, or flipping it (true becomes false and vice versa).

PlaymakerNOOB

Re: Some Float Actions
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2019, 01:05:09 PM »
wow really neat action.  We need to get this on the ecosystem!

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Some Float Actions
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2019, 03:14:50 AM »
Hi,

Ok, I have put FloatToBool on the Ecosystem, but I renamed it ConvertFloatToBoolUsingThreshold and I added two more rules ( when value is equal to min, and when value is equal to max).

The other actions are already available via FloatOperator, FloatOperator let you do math on a float and saves the result in a variable without overwritten the actual float.

Bye,

Jean