playMaker

Author Topic: Playmaker inventory question  (Read 2202 times)

TonkRogerio

• Playmaker Newbie
Playmaker inventory question
« on: May 17, 2013, 10:51:45 AM »
I am rather new to playmkaer. I have been working with it for only about 2 weeks. I am also not a programmer, far from it. But I do understand programming logic, so it isn't as if I'm going into this with no knowledge at all.

My question is:-

What would be the best way of creating an item that can be upgradeable?
If you remember final fantasy 7's materia system, then you will know what I mean.

I want a sword to be able to be customized with modules that will stay with the sword until removed or swapped for other modules. I know how to do this in a complicated fashion of just having a heck of a load of transitions on the sword and changing the variables depending on what module is placed on a certain slot, but I am wondering if there isn't a simpler way.

I thought of adding children (modules) to the parent (Sword). So I would create the modules as prefabs and summon them in game when a player places a module on the upgrade screen. This would be my favorite way but I am not sure how to do this. I would know how to do it, but I wouldn't know how to make the children affect the variables of the parent.

Another way I thought would be to use a database. I am not even sure how I would do this do. I wouldn't know which database to buy from the unity asset store or how it would integrate with playmaker.

Any help on this will be welcome. Please keep in mind that I can't program though.

Thank you for your time and I hope you can help me.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 10:59:10 AM by TonkRogerio »

Rhyuzaky

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Playmaker inventory question
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2015, 02:46:09 PM »
Face, and a half hours Most'll try to answer.
I'd say the easiest way to do this and with a state per slot.
Oh you create a string system where you click arrow to string, and then sends the gun (Item) paar one Epty that will be enabled.
And to unequip or pick up an item, send for a empty this off

phannDOTde

• Peter Hann .de
Re: Playmaker inventory question
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2015, 09:07:45 AM »
If the parent (your sword) has a script looking for children objects (upgrades) at start or a simple "resfresh" event, it could easily step through each child object check to their FSM Variables like Type =XXX Value =XXX and then according to these values the Sword Script could adjust its own values/stats