playMaker

Author Topic: Trigger multiple global transitions of same type?  (Read 2429 times)

deepcanvas

• Playmaker Newbie
Trigger multiple global transitions of same type?
« on: May 22, 2013, 06:59:17 AM »
Say I have an FSM and want to do two unrelated things in the 'MOUSE OVER' global transition event, but I can't add them to the same state because they need to be tested for different conditions at runtime... can I somehow trigger multiple global transitions of the same type in one FSM? Seems like it only triggers one of them at a time.

If not... would it be possible to have this feature?

Thanks!

Lane

• Administrator
  • Mender of the past
    • Cleverous
Re: Trigger multiple global transitions of same type?
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2013, 07:15:18 AM »
Can't fire multiple events from the same action afaik..

You could fire one event or flip a bool and have a separate FSM watch it which that goes to another state that has multiple send/broadcast events when its on and back to idle when its off.

Thats assuming you cant do something like that on the original state anyway though, you could fire all the events you want if you leave the state. Like above would just use the mouse over state to tell the independent state to do the events while it stays in its original state.
Products by Cleverous
|| Vault Core : Database
|| Vault Inventory : Multiplayer Inventory
|| Vault Attributes : Character Stats
|| That Hurt! : Dmg Floaties
|| Quinn : 3D

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Trigger multiple global transitions of same type?
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2013, 07:57:50 AM »
Hi,

Actually, you can fire multiple events from one state indeed,

you can fire as many global events as you want ( broadcasting or targeting go), if none are implemented in that fsm, you will not leave the states and thus all send event actions will be executed.

Bye,

Jean