playMaker

Author Topic: Selecting a state causes PM window to go blank and "NullReferenceException" erro  (Read 2127 times)

JennaReanne

• Junior Playmaker
    • Little Worlds Interactive
I have definitely done something horribly wrong, but I'm not sure what.  I made a change to a state (I really don't remember what) and now when I click on that state two things happen:

1) The Console gets a ton of these errors:
NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
HutongGames.PlayMakerEditor.ActionEditor.EditFsmVar (System.Object fieldValue, System.Object[] attributes)

2) The Playmaker window goes completely blank.  (see attachment)  Since there's no way to unselect that state, I now have this blank window when I click on the gameobject.

While this doesn't crash Unity or anything, it's still pretty bad.  How do I get out of those state?  Is there any way for me to recover what was inside that state?  It had a number of actions in it, all of which I don't remember exactly.  I would prefer not to have to rebuild it from memory. 

Most importantly, what can I do to prevent this from happening again?  I've had plenty of those errors before but it's never caused the blank window issue.

Thank you,
Jenna

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
hi,

Can you file a bug using the Playmaker tool menu? that will help keeping track of these issues.

You have likely copy pasted custom actions using Fsm Var right?

I just found out yesterday that copy pasting states using FsmVar is not working. I had the exact same behavior.

the key is to undo back to the proper state, if you haven't done undo, I am not sure, you might have to wait for the fix to get back your fsm...

bye,

Jean