playMaker

Author Topic: Ability for platform dependant States/Actions/Transitions  (Read 2374 times)

izzycoding

• Playmaker Newbie
Ability for platform dependant States/Actions/Transitions
« on: June 02, 2013, 05:18:12 AM »
Hi,

I am wondering if it would be possible to add the ability to mark states/actions/transitions to only be included for certain Build Definitions.
In code we can put:

Code: [Select]
#if UNITY_ANDROID
    ... code here ...
#endif

It would be good if we could set certain states/actions/transitions to only be included/executed for certain build definitions.

For example I have an FSM which controls all player input. For Windows and OSX I currently do not need the states relating to Touch Gestures, Likewise for Android and iOS I do not need the keyboard controls.

When the Unity editor is set to a particular build type then all states/actions/transitions could be greyed out to show that they are ignored when running on specific platforms. Also maybe an option to hide these ignored states would be useful to reduce what is seen to keep the FSM view as clean as possible.

Not sure if this is possible or even useful for anyone else but is something I would definitely like to see if at all possible.

Regards,