playMaker

Author Topic: getting height information out to an external script package.  (Read 1852 times)

markfrancombe

Hi,

I was just wondering the best way to do this:

I use UniStorm to control...
Night and day effects, and weather effects.

I need to change the weather setting from storm to snow based on how high my character is in the game. Basically, it snows when they climb a mountain above a certain height. (Snow effects on the terrain are shown above 120 meters.)

So using PlayMaker I want to check for this height translation, and then when he reaches 120, send a weather change command to UniStorm. IN Unistorm there is a setting for current temperature, and snow falls only when set below 0 degrees.

Presumably I can access all the parameters of UniStorm somehow, I think thats all I have to change, but maybe I also need to change the weather setting from Storm, to something else, but I dont think so, I think snow is only arrived at via the temperature parameter.

Best way?

Mark

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: getting height information out to an external script package.
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2013, 05:04:25 AM »
Hi,

I don't own UniStorm, so I am not sure what properties are accessible by playmaker as is.

but you should look at the Get/Set property, this is likely the first thing to try here.

else, a cusotm action would be the way to go here.

bye,

Jean