playMaker

Poll

Key Down/Up problem for character animation.

0 (0%)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Key Down/Up problem for character animation.  (Read 2371 times)

jumper

• Playmaker Newbie
« on: June 07, 2013, 07:58:19 PM »
Hello, I am new to this playmaker.

I am working on this character buttons for shooting and running at the same time. I have both separate layer of just running, shot running, and idle. it seem to having a problem with when i press both (left shit) and (left click mouse) not playing my (shot running) animation.

is anyone can able to help me?
Thanks,

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Key Down/Up problem for character animation.
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2013, 01:47:11 AM »
Hi,

Are you using Mecanim or the old animation system?

bye,

Jean

jumper

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2013, 02:23:30 PM »
Hi Jane ~!

Thanks for reply~!

I think i am using old animation system, cuz i bought this soldier character from asset store and come with several animation. I have never use this Mecanim before, but i looked at this tutorial, seem pretty cool.

So i got to solved this running and running shooting animation problem. But i do have another problem with float variable number for character moving. What is the best setup for character animation? using Float or Int? (anyone got good suggestion?)

cuz i am using AWSD for moving character, and when i press AW or WD or AS or SD, going diagonal....my character float value is not working correctly after i release my key or when i press both key, it went back to running animation. But suppose to be normal walking.. until i press (left shift key and AW key)  at the same time.. do the (Run animation).

So i have this float variable number problem, if anyone got good suggestion, plz let me know.

Thanks,

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2013, 01:44:50 AM »
Hi,

Float is a way to go, but here It's likely more a problem of logic and value handling then whether it is an int or a float to begin with.

Your fsm may have issues with key detection, for example if you press a key, can you double check that you can still catch another key being pressed? you likely need one fsm per key probably.

bye,

Jean