playMaker

Author Topic: Copy Template file does not work  (Read 3146 times)

qholmes

• 1.2 Beta
Copy Template file does not work
« on: July 05, 2011, 10:52:29 AM »
I deleted a FSM by mistake yesterday... And continued on working for a bit before i noticed.. decided to undo as it was not a little simple one but not crazy either.. But unity crashed when i was undoing for some reason.. so i opened my latest backup folder and made a template from the original one and saved it.. I then copied the template file over to my current project folder and it does not work??? Why is that? Does it have local folder references or something?

I am going to try and rename the root folder but i dont understand how this will make templates work when i go to use them in other projects? Is this not possible?

Q

marcos

• 1.2 Beta
Re: Copy Template file does not work
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2011, 10:56:15 AM »
Is the template file in the Assets/Playmaker/Templates directory??

I copied a template between projects just fine yesterday by putting it there.
This was using a Mac, I had trouble doing it on my PC beforehand though.

qholmes

• 1.2 Beta
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2011, 11:01:50 AM »
Yes in the proper folder..

I just tried again by renaming my project folders.. i have backup folders of my main project.. so Project Copy 23 etc.. i renamed my back up to Project and the renamed my project to Project-current and made the template in the Project (backup) folder and then renamed them back and copied the file again and it worked just fine......

I have no idea why..  When i made the original ones in the backup folder with out renaming them they worked fin in that folder but not when i moved them.. let me try the ones i made before again..... oh i have no idea... the other one i made works now too....

Ok well i have no idea what was going on but i would only get one state box instead of the whole template before and now it is working fine.. Maybe just me

Q

qholmes

• 1.2 Beta
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2011, 11:03:14 AM »
I am on Mac as well...

I am a PC guy but working on a big iMac..

Q