playMaker

Author Topic: Global transition... it just listens to everything even those for not for it?  (Read 2212 times)

ryf9059

I ran into a weird bug today that the loop count exceeds 1000 out of nowhere. I then did some debugging and it turns out the global transition is intercepting my actions.

Let's say I have a global transition called A and B, which are broadcasted by another FSM, the global transition takes it, sets a value for A's (or B's) case, and continue with the FSM until there is a conditional statement which compare the current case we are in. And by comparing the value I have different execution path for A and B. But the problem is when the event is send for A (or  B) under that compare action, the previous global transition intercepts it, and start over from there and eventually force it into a loop and crash.

Why is global transition behaving this way? I thought they are only listening to the event that's been broadcast or specifically send to them. Why do they intercept event that's not meant for them at all? (Well, those are in fact global transition but I didn't broadcast them)

So how do I workaround this? Do I have to make a separate event for those private execution?

Thanks
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 11:15:32 AM by ryf9059 »

MajorIdea

Curiously yesterday I had that very same error "loop count exceeds 1000". The game paused and there was a yellow arrow leading to the event in question. I think it was a logic error as I was trying to get a rotation value and the orientation of the object was such that it went from 60 to zero to 320. Obviously it was my bad and I quickly fixed it.

Wish I could be of help to you but from your description, the only things that come to mind is that there might be a signal being sent to the global transition and you forgot about it, or just be a logic issue where it makes sense for it to happen the way you did it.
Good luck.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
hi,

I am bit confused by your explanations, can you explain using "EVENT A" "EVENT B" and "FSM 1" "FSM 2" cause I am confused it seems you speak and A and B as global transition as well as Fsm.

bye,

Jean